Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-29-2005, 02:27 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Send a message via AIM to kart_racer3
Odd Fish Behavior

I have noticed an odd behavior for my two tomato clowns that I bought from a local pet store and have owned for about one week. They were introduced into my 90 gallon system that had been cycling for about one month now. My lighting system has 4 blue LEDs that illuminate the water in the evening, and when I observe them in the light of the LEDs they are always attempting to swim (possibly levitate) vertically (nose down) in one particular corner. The only thing special about this corner is that it is where water re-enters the tank and where the exit over flow is. It seems that this is where the water movement may be at a minimum. I have 2 other fish in the tank (blue tetras?) that don't display this behavior. Do you know if this is normal? Also, all pH, alkalinity, nitrate, nitrite readings etc are normal.

kart_racer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 06:12 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via Yahoo to melissfish
my clownfish often look odd as they attempt to hover stationary in one spot, with a slight bobbing up and down in the current. I think they are resting, the corner they have chosen probably looks safe, my clowns dont attempt to shelter in the rocks at night, they stay out riding the currents, i think it is acceptable behaviour for clownfish, and completely normal.
Happy Fishing!!
melissfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com