Odyssea vs ATI vs Gieseman bulbs - PIC's of all 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TRDfan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Recently i decided to upgrade my bulbs on my odyssea quad t5ho fixture and i decided to go with ATI and Giesemann bulbs. Here are some pics of the change and what each bulb output looks like.

please excuse my poor picture quality. (olympus 1050sw underwater camera)

Odyssea light (10k and artinic)
49166-albums8014-picture40611.jpg

49166-albums8014-picture40612.jpg

Odyssea artinic by itself
49166-albums8014-picture40613.jpg

Odyssea 10k by itself
49166-albums8014-picture40614.jpg

49166-albums8014-picture40615.jpg

ATI blue+ by itself
49166-albums8014-picture40616.jpg

ATI purple+ & blue +
49166-albums8014-picture40617.jpg

ATI aquablue+ by itself
49166-albums8014-picture40618.jpg

Giesemann aquablue special by itself
49166-albums8014-picture40619.jpg

3 ATI's and 1 Giesemann
49166-albums8014-picture40620.jpg

49166-albums8014-picture40621.jpg

Overrall REVIEW

while the odyssea lighting fixture and bulbs are decent, im VERY happy with my selection of current bulbs. The odyssea 10k bulb is a good bulb but does put quite abit of "yellow" light into the tank as seen in the above pictures. The ATI blue+ is a perfect color of blue (not too dark of a blue yet not too light) that is needed in a tank in my option and combined with the purple+ gives off a great appearance. However i do think the purple+ is abit too much purple hue in the tank.

While both the ATI & Giesemann daylight bulbs give off an excellent coloration, I personally like the Giesemann a tad better. The giesemann bulb give off a CRISP white coloring (11k which is 40% 6000k and 60% 15000k) while the ATI aquablue+ gives of a hue of blue in there (15k). If you compare the 2 pictures above (dispite the poor quality), you might still notice the suttle difference btwn the 2.

All in all im VERY please with these bulbs (minus the bit too much of purple hue). Even thought its abit too much of purple for my liking, i still will give it a 95%+ (y) for both looks/appearance and light output.

Thanks for viewing :popcorn:

Nice improvement, I have been wanting to mix up the colors on my bulbs with some premium ones and I am glad to see it made a difference for you. Convinced me to jump on the bandwagon.

You definitly should. I forgot to mention in this write up that my coral frags have some NICE extensions and coloration today (1 day after i switched the bulbs). Its amazing how different they look today. Its almost night and day

*the pictures were taken yesterday

I have heard similar about the purple+. That is why when i ordered new bulbs i picked up a fiji purple as it is supposed to be a better purple that the +. Sadly, bulbs didnt fit the unit. Coralife made the unit so you could only use their bulbs. Id love to hear a comparison of the purple+ and fiji purple in the future.

Ironically, i still have 2 aquablue specials, blue + and fiji purple jist sitting in my living room unused. Sad since they are pretty much best bulbs on the market.

You sure about that hank?? I first saw the ATI bulbs on my boys tank and he has coralife quad t5ho fixture. Matter of fact when i ordered my bulbs, i got 2 ati bulbs for him too. He has the 48" coralife fixture for sure

Yes, it isnt all of them. Mine used 29 watt bulbs, which only coralife makes...i think that was it. I just went led and forgot about it. Id still like to use the bulbs with an upgraded unit, just not now.

Ya. Im prob wrong on the wattage...it confused me alot. I just know the standard bulb didnt fit and i was very upset. I spent hours doing research and days asking questions before i spent all that money on bulbs i couldnt use. It is the only fixture ive seen where it didnt use the same standard as everything else, i had no reason to even check. I want to see those bulbs in action badly, just sont want to spend more money on it, especially now that my 55 is my reef tank and the 36 is fowlr. Itll turn into reef again, just not soon.

I have really been thinking of adding a purple, in your pics you can see the coralline really POP under it.

I spent hours doing research and days asking questions before i spent all that money on bulbs i couldnt use. It is the only fixture ive seen where it didnt use the same standard as everything else, i had no reason to even check. I want to see those bulbs in action badly, just sont want to spend more money on it, especially now that my 55 is my reef tank and the 36 is fowlr. Itll turn into reef again, just not soon.

craigslist those bad boys or sell them on here. Im pretty sure some1 will sure pick them up :)

I have really been thinking of adding a purple, in your pics you can see the coralline really POP under it.

yea anything pink or red will stand out like creazy

Back
Top Bottom