Oh come on, seriously?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal-Chin

Aquarium Advice Addict
My baby condy anemone just ate my 3 year old cleaner shrimp!!! Oldest enhabitant in my tank, i had my cleaner in my old biocube. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Attachments

• image-2498150301.jpg
    image-2498150301.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 177
Thanks mate but hate to say think mine will end up the same way the shrimp just won't keep away from my purple tip hope it doesn't go that way Iike both of them

Normally a cleaner shrimp will host a condi. I have both and I notice it did one time but somehow it did not last long. Both of them are still in my tank.

Well i dont know, my wife texted me the photo, guess ill see when i get home...

cleaners are docile and they are like the doctors of the reef and pick parasites or dry flesh off other fish (i've even had mine pick at the dry skin around my finger nails lol) hopefully this is all it was doing. ask your wife to keep an eye on it and keep you posted

another question, arn't the mouths of anemones usually in the center over their foot?

sorry to hear this bud :(

i lost two peppermint shrimp that i just bought. i think there is some mean prick killing off new inverts in my system. every time i add dwarf hermits i find them eaten. if they stay in hiding for a while they survive but i have this ugly SOB crab i can't catch wondering my tank and it really only comes out from under the rocks at night but every once in a while i can see it. i think thats my culprit, or maybe its my cleaner shrimp. i've seen it beign a little bit of a prick and scaring hermits

Also sorry to hear that I know that you can get attached to cleaner shrimp. I know I am they are so awesome especially when you see a fish swim across your tank and the shrimp is riding on his side. That's awesome. that's why I'm also scared to get a condy I bought one once and worried about everything else in the tank so I took it back..... They sure are pretty but I would not have one.....

Man sorry about that. I too am attached to my cleaner and it would piss me off if another fish or anemone ate it. That's why I am trying to have only peaceful inhabitants in my tank but ya just never know.

I'm totally surprised, my condy is really quite small and the shrimp was full sized. Can't believe he ate him up. Ah well, circle of life eh...lol

Back
Top Bottom