OK BIG PROBLOM.....VERY VERY CONFUSED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gump3842k

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so ive had a pair of maroon clowns with a rose anemone for over a month now, and today i came home to discover that the larger clown was killing the other one, she is constantly chasing him and ripping his fins to shreds...They have allways been very happy together and now this?? I checked parameters just in case something was extremely off but everything is good including temp...What is going on?

Maroon clowns are hard to keep together unless they are tank bred and introduced at the same time, and even then it's not a sure thing. I've been researching them as my next addition for a while.

unless they are a mated pair(wich i hear is hard to find), one of them is gonna get mad at the other one and then war will break out.if they are both still alive you should take the one getting beat up out and qt it until it looks and acts healthy again and then trade it in at your lfs or donate it to a friends tank.i say this because the meaner fish will kill it or stress it enough that it will die

These were bought as tank bread pair, however today they were both back in the same anemone chillin with each other, they baffle me

Sounds like dominance may have been established. It the way of the Clownfish. Lets hope it continues.

Back
Top Bottom