Ok I have just bought the yellow tang...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weekf

Aquarium Advice Freak
Right from the beginning after I realeased it into the tank this guys is doing a marathon. I mean non-stop swimming between the rocks, upfront, back of the rocks, squeezing into crevices, is this normal? He is swimming from the left to the right and right to the left like there is no tomorrow. Just like a man just got freed from the jail house and gone nuts! And boy he is soooo fast...

I put in the sushi nori on a veggie clip, feed some food he doesn't seem to be bother could there be anything wrong? Or he will need some time to settle down before he start eating? If so how long is this likely to be?

He has been at the LFS for like, 2 weeks in a 50g tank and before I bought it he was eating sushi nori alright in the tank.

I am a bit worry if he keeps on swimming like that ignoring all the food.

I'd say he's just stressing. Give it up to two weeks for the behaviour to settle.

Oh??? 2 weeks without eating anything? Man I will even stressed more than he does. Is it possible for him to go without food for 2 weeks??? Does this ever happened to anyone?

He`s hyped. He will be OK in a few days. I think flanque just means his behavior not eating

I see nice to hear that mel, that almost gave me a heart attack!!!

By the way, how long can I leave the sushi nori in there for? Will it foul up the water if I leave it in there for too long? Or I should replace it everyday even he is not eating it?

Thanks.

I would imagine change every day. I really dont know because mine is gone in an hour or two. Try to gauge how much he eats so that in a few days you can put out as much as he`ll eat

Yea, when i first got mine, he kept swiming alone the back of the tank, in the same pattern, like he was following a trail. But now hes perfectly normal. And I feed mine lettuce, and i leave it in until most of it is gone, then take the stem part out, which usually takes a day. Also i would watch out for floating piece that it will tear off, and scoop it out before it gets lost in the tank, which will foul up the watre

Back
Top Bottom