Ok now I am a bit grumpy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

After being all excited and acclimating my new acro corals today one started to show RTN tonight... It has been extremely rapid.. Is there anything that could have been the issue... There always has to be an issue with something new LOL.. I have posted a pic..

James

Wild colony + shipping stress often ends in RTN. What's the temp like up there, these were mail order correct? The sudden jumps in temp and the salinity change (you said it was 20 ppt in the bag) would be enough to seriously weaken the coral.

I dont think its going to make it at all... There was a few more areas of RTN this am when I woke up... The Purple one seems to be great.. but the Blue.. Thats a different story.. I contacted Liveaquaria.com and they want me to ship it back and they started they are shipping me another one when they recieve it... So for now the blue one is for sure dead... Long Live the Acropora.. LOL... I am emailing the director of liveaquaria as there should have been no reason why an acro was in water with an SG of 20ppt and now I have to suffer a few weeks longer due to their stupidness...

James

20ppt is crazy for an invert!! I ordered snails from them one a while ago and the water was a good 35ppt then. I guess they just screwed up...

I didn't know you got these from liveaquaria.com. Those coral look great. Didn't know liveaquaria had such good stock.

Back
Top Bottom