OK, so I got the new lights.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MACATUA

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Got my new lights, mega cool!

http://marineandreef.com/shoppro/power_HoodsMoon.html

My question is what should my lighting schedule be. I have decided to nix the FO idea, but I have no corals yet. But only a matter of time ;). It has daylight, actinic, and moonlamps. How long should the run, just daylight, just actinic, both, what?

BTW, moonlights are the COOLEST thing ever. I turned them on for the first time last night and got the most gorgeous shimmer lines.

Anyway, if anyone has these lights or knows how I should run my schedule, please fill em in ;).

:hat:

[/url]

i have these lights and love em. the moons look beautiful late at night and it seems all my inhabitants love em. i have mine on two seperate timers. i have the days on about 8 hrs and have the actinics come on an hr before and turn off an hr after the days, so theyre on for 10 and create a little dawn/dusk effect. the moons are on all the time cuzz there really isnt a reason to turn em off, theyre only 1 watt each so no real big deal. well i hth, enjoy the lights :D

Back
Top Bottom