OK--so my 20g tank has been up&running

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Good Crab

Aquarium Advice Regular
for a month now with live rock. When can I start to add some coral? I have nothing in the tank except hermit crabs, a peppermint and some snails.

For some reason Nitrite is still .25 but are not affecting the animals. Should I wait until that goes to zero? All other water parameters are good. And I have lots of water moverment.

Coral should not be added for several months. Something is rotting and causing the NO3 reading. You need to get that to zero and start with a small fish before even considering corals.

For some reason Nitrite is still .25 but are not affecting the animals. Should I wait until that goes to zero? All other water parameters are good. And I have lots of water moverment.

Double check your nitrite reading, but yes, nitrite should be 0 before you add either fish or corals.

Can't imagine what is rotting. So I should wait a few months?
As reefrunner said retest. If it is still .25 I would think it should zero out in more like a week or so, not months.

Back
Top Bottom