Ok tell me if this means my bubble coral is dividing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasno999

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Today I had to move rocks around and that meant the bubbl coral had to be moved. HE did nto like it and I could nto gt him set in the same exact place he was before I did all of this rock moving. But what I did notice was the fact that the bubble now appears to have two mouthes on it.

Is that normal? Does it mean it is gettign ready to divide into two seperate bubble corals?

Take a look the big mouth is obvious but there is a smaler opening above and to the left.

2846491560061578502lIciIh_ph.jpg

2311201300061578502LRWUFS_ph.jpg

Or go here: http://community.webshots.com/photo/219386694/2846491560061578502lIciIh

I`m not sure but I believe they reproduce by buds that grow out. I`ve never seen one split but I could be wrong. The pic does not suggest to me it is doing anything. But I`m no expert.

Let me just say that you are a Pet-a-holic. Cute pictures of your hamster and cat. :)

I too have a bubble coral and it is extremely huge now. About the size of my two fist side-by-side. I've only had it for 3 months! I bought it about a fist big.

Mine has a huge lip from left to right.

I wish I could see examples of budding like what melosu said. However, I remember melosu telling me that he's had his bubble coral for 5 years and never budded so far. Any lucky ones out there??

Never budded that I can see. As you see in my avatar it is placed down in a hole and all I see is the fleshy part. I do not know what`s down where the skeleton is. Maybe one day I`ll look but not now.

Back
Top Bottom