OK to add another occelaris clown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dolphinsfan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have 1 occ. clown and a yellow watchman goby in my 26gal FOWLR? The clown has been in the tank for about 1 year. Would it be feasible to add another occ. clown or am I pretty much maxed out?

You would be fine. Just be sure the new clown is much much smaller than the incumbant. You will still see some slight aggression but the smaller clown will most likely still be either nueter or male. The incumbant is most likely female and will see the smaller clown as less of a threat. They will more than likely form a pair bond.

Cheers
Steve

Is your current clown hosting an anemone/coral, if so you might be able to create a nice mated pair. :wink:

Thanks for the encouragement. I added my second clown today. My original clown was small to begin with so I looked for the smallest clown I could find. The new clown is not much smaller, if at all. First indications look like they are getting along famously. I'll keep you posted as the relationship grows or takes a turn for the worst.

Back
Top Bottom