Ok to take Live Rock from Ocean?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow are you realy saying its ok because you purchase your stuff from a lfs that others pick from the ocean ok that makes sense ..Yes this was a question that kinda got off track your right . But there was a point directed towards the question ...At the end of the day like I said befor be responsible don't disturb reefs ,objects that wash ashore if you have no local laws that prohibits removing objects from the beach then I feel its ok . Hope u got your answer Ted and happy reefing ... Any other comments off topic feel free to pm me ...

Wow are you realy saying its ok because you purchase your stuff from a lfs that others pick from the ocean ok that makes sense ..Yes this was a question that kinda got off track your right . But there was a point directed towards the question ...At the end of the day like I said befor be responsible don't disturb reefs ,objects that wash ashore if you have no local laws that prohibits removing objects from the beach then I feel its ok . Hope u got your answer Ted and happy reefing ... Any other comments off topic feel free to pm me ...

No need to PM you, I didn't fall off topic. The simple answer again to the question is its illegal. Am I saying it right what "we" do? If I need I was mistaken. It about being responsible and not breaking the law to add things to your "glass box"

There are many things that can be pointed out. But I digress... I've handed out my answer, opinion whatever you'd like to call it based on research of the laws. I'm sure why you feel the need to keep beating the horse. I think we're agreeing actually, if you take step back I believe we are on the same page. From your post to mine it appears we have stated some of the same things. I do not wish to go back and forth with you.

I think it's time to say we agree on some and disagree on others?

I value everyone's opinion here on the forum and respect them. Doesn't mean I have to agree with everything that goes on, that would be boring...

Dino

I'm 100% with convict here. Yes, we buy things from vendors which have been harvested from the oceans but 99.9% of the time those vendors have permits to collect what they do and are limited to so much of everything which has been agreed upon with local wildlife and government officials. Now if you start to advocate personal collecting then what's to stop every person that visits from taking a small piece (even if they can't keep it alive) off the reef. Once that begins to happen there is no control to what and how much is harvested which can and will result in only bad things. Leave it to the people that have the proper paperwork and education to do your collecting please. As for all the other topics mentioned, apple's and oranges people.

If I may inject a little levity here...... I ever "find" a mermaid at the beach I'm taking home lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom