Ok transfer of tank has begun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Already to do a PWC on weds and testing is happening either tonight (if there is a rain/snow delay to the PHILLIES WIN!!) or tomorrow

OK, then get even more SW ready IMO. I've got a 155 and have a new 44g trash can on wheel for just that purpose. Never know what may happen with a move.

New or old sand? Or a combination?

The new tank has been cycling for about a month or so with a combination 95 % new 5% old. Water conditions have been prestine for roughly 2weeks or more before I did the transfer. I am keeping the other tank and moving it down in the finished basement...I am gonna setup as if new and let it cycle for about 2 months before I decide what I want to start doing with it but I am gonna keep that sand and water and just continue with water changes and such ...just like nothing changed in it....I know I will be stirring up the bed and the nasties will be out so I will be preparing lots of water changes for awhile

Check the articles section at this site on cycling. It's more of a particular process than just letting time go by. Talking about the 2 months you say the new tank will cycle.

I have read the articles and have been keeping SW tanks for about 10 years. The articles were very helpful. I am saying that after about 2 months I will be deciding What I want to put in that tank(75gal) not that I am just going to let it sit that long. I will be back to asking my questions and doing my research again as always...I will be checking parameters and doing the maintenance that is required. I am just not sure what I am putting into it yet as I still have a major work in progress with the 150 now and that is my first priority with getting that to the Show tank that I have dreamed of having. Thank you for your concern as I am always happy to listen to advice and everyone reminding me of the proper things that need to be done....I am very happy with the way things are going so far and hope to continue to do good in my adventures!!!!

Barry

I love craigs list!!!!

I just picked up 50 + lbs of established cured live rock from a 6 year old tank.It is covered in coraline and is some of the nicest rock I have seen plus a tomato clown and damsel (blue w/yellow tail) plus snails , a worm (see ID thread to help) all for $40.00. I am so happy and excited!!!!will post pics once in the tank soon.....How should I deal with this rock....A salt dip then put in tank or should I do something else??? The fish are going into QT tank. the rock was transported in buckets with his water in it for the trip home and is in trash can with PH and heater running right now.

Attachments

• Fish Tank 129.jpg
    Fish Tank 129.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Fish Tank 131.jpg
    Fish Tank 131.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Fish Tank 137.jpg
    Fish Tank 137.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 86
How long have the rock been out of water? What`s in the main tank now? You might have to cure the LR if it`s been out of water for awhile. If you do we have an article in the articles section.

How long have the rock been out of water? What`s in the main tank now? You might have to cure the LR if it`s been out of water for awhile. If you do we have an article in the articles section.

The rock was only out of water long enough to get pics and then went right into can with the water from his tank. His tank was up and runing for 6 years and I pulled it right out of his tank with his water

OH OK then it should be able to go on in the tank then. I thought maybe they shipped it dry or with a wet newspaper over it. Sounds like some nice pick ups.

OH OK then it should be able to go on in the tank then. I thought maybe they shipped it dry or with a wet newspaper over it. Sounds like some nice pick ups.

Probably the 2nd nicest find I have had!!!! I drove 40 miles to pick it up this morning..

Have some PWC water around just in case but you should be OK if it`s been in water most of the time.

New rock in the tank

Hopefully I will like this setup....still need more rock though

Attachments

• Fish Tank 153.jpg
    Fish Tank 153.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Fish Tank 149.jpg
    Fish Tank 149.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Fish Tank 147.jpg
    Fish Tank 147.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 185
More pics of progress

more

Attachments

• Fish Tank 147.jpg
    Fish Tank 147.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 280
  • Fish Tank 153.jpg
    Fish Tank 153.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 60
Finally lighting

Ok Christmas was a beautiful Start for my canopy and lighting. Got a few gift cards for TFP and ran up there on Friday.and this is what I got!!! Hope this is a good start. 400w ballast and reflector!!!!! YEA!!!!!

Attachments

• Fish Tank 183.jpg
    Fish Tank 183.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Fish Tank 184.jpg
    Fish Tank 184.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 58
Back
Top Bottom