Ok transfer of tank has begun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

intimatecple

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I started the transfer of the 75 to the 150 and I am loving the room!!! Here are a few pics of the move so far tonight/early morning!!

ok let's try pics again

a little cloudy

Attachments

• Fish Tank 085.jpg
    Fish Tank 085.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 309
  • Fish Tank 087.jpg
    Fish Tank 087.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 226
  • Fish Tank 098.jpg
    Fish Tank 098.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 272
  • Fish Tank 100.jpg
    Fish Tank 100.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 301
Very nice! Those uppermost rocks are secure... right? They just look kinda tippy and I wouldn't want something to come tumbling down and squish someone. Or worse yet, break the glass!

Yes...I spent a couple of hours (believe it or not) just moving thosrocks int place so that with my hands...I could push on all ends with absolutly no movement . I also made sure the bottom rocks were deep into the sand(see as touching bottom) so that no future critters or fishies would dig and loosen the setting in any way...I have definitly been following an awful lot of AA adventures , stories and advice...( I LOVE THIS SITE!!) The rocks may look a little dangerous but they are acually odd shaped and fit together like puzzle pieces nicely!! And Everyone looks HAPPY this morning!!!

Attachments

• Fish Tank 110.jpg
    Fish Tank 110.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 329
  • Fish Tank 111.jpg
    Fish Tank 111.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 236
  • Fish Tank 109.jpg
    Fish Tank 109.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Fish Tank 106.jpg
    Fish Tank 106.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 93
Looks pretty good. I remember when I moved from a 55 to a 125. I thought to myself look at all the room. All the room has since vanished. LOL

How is the behavior of your blue velvet damsel?

He is quite the shy one...I have had him for 3 years now and he is about 5 inches... He digs himself a home and it is his.....NO intruders.... but the rest of his fish mates are left alone. I understand with age they are suppose to get aggressive but so far he has been good. I cannot for the life of me recall what the other larger fish is called....I do remember that he is some kind of Psuedo Angel/butterfly??? Can anyone help with that???

Looks pretty good. I remember when I moved from a 55 to a 125. I thought to myself look at all the room. All the room has since vanished. LOL

I am sure This will also happen to me.....but it will take a while to do what I would like to do.....Nice coral is my biggest step. and will definitly take time.

The other large fish looks like a surgeon fish of some kind. I'm not really sure what the exact name is.

I have a blue velvet damsel that I had to remove from my reef. It decided it liked the taste of my Zoas. That was a big no no for me. Plus it was just a nasty fish. He now has his own 20g tank all to himself. I've had him for almost 2 years now.

Well as you can see....I have no coral life yet other than my leather....so when I do start getting these....I will have to be watching him...lucky for him I have 2 other tanks that he could be placed in

I cannot for the life of me recall what the other larger fish is called....I do remember that he is some kind of Psuedo Angel/butterfly??? Can anyone help with that???
Hard to say without a clearer pic, but I would guess maybe acanthurus tristis - mimic tang.

Well as you can see....I have no coral life yet other than my leather....so when I do start getting these....I will have to be watching him...lucky for him I have 2 other tanks that he could be placed in

Tangs should not cause you any problems with corals.

Hard to say without a clearer pic, but I would guess maybe acanthurus tristis - mimic tang.

That is it!!!! Thank You very much !!!
I just could not for the life of me remember that....I am now keeping an electronic log of my tanks and was trying to remember what it was called!!! Perfect ID on it now that you said that !!!! I remember!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine decided to eat my zoas that is why I got him out of the tank. He never messed with any other coral in my tank though.

Back
Top Bottom