okay, okay PLEASE answer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

panza

Aquarium Advice Freak
you guys were right apparently there wasnt enough room for the fire fish so sadly it died...:( but it died under a rock and its really hard to get out so can i keep it under there or do i have to fish it out like will it bio degrate or something please tell me

PLEASE remove it asap. It will wreck havok onyour water parameters if left in there too long in a tank that small. Sorry for your loss :(

yeh but how do i move it am i allowed to move the rocks aropund to get to it?

OMG!!! srry had to get that out.... Def please get that fish out. If you value your tank and the other fishies and creatures in it get it out ASAP. Your Ammonia will be off the charts before long... I really hope you get this before its too late. O and sorry for your loss :(

In my tank there wouldn't be an issue with just leaving it there and letting the clean-up crew do their job with that small fish. However, in a 14-gallon tank I don't know. It will eventually disintegrate and cause ammonia. I am assuming things could go bad quickly with such a small tank. If it were me and I couldn't get it out, I would just test the water a few times a day to make sure you are not getting any spikes. If you do start to get a little spike then have pwc water available and do a pwc asap, as needed.
In a 14-gallon tank, I can't imagine it being too hard to just take the few pieces of rock out and remove the dead fish manualy. That would definitely be the safest bet and probably less work in the long run considering all the testing and pwc.

Last edited:
yes by all means necessary get that fish out, everytime i add a new fish to my show tank i move all the rocks around to make it easier for my new fish to adapt because the other fish that have been in there lose their territory. Moving rocks isnt that bad, I dont know your setup but if you have corals in stuff, you still r going to have to move the rock to get it out. ASAP

the smaller the tank the more CAREFUL you have to be. Less room for error. I wouldnt ever let a fish that has died lay in the tank JMO

ok im getten him out on the triple (right now) and if my ammonia is to high or w/e what do i do to get it down!

ok well i liftde up the rocks and what i thought was him wasnt (or he vanished) so now what do i do did like the gramma eat it or something aghhhhh i cant figure out what to do

Well you should test your water and probably do a Partial Water Change to help keep the amonia down if indeed it goes up.

ok well i liftde up the rocks and what i thought was him wasnt (or he vanished) so now what do i do did like the gramma eat it or something aghhhhh i cant figure out what to do

Do you have nassarius snails or crabs in there? If so they may have already eaten the firefish. Just test your water parameters, it will be fine.

Well, its either a) not dead and hiding, B) something ate it already or C) its in the filter. Check around and yes you can move rock around to find it. Keep a close eye on your water parameters and test often.

To get the ammonia down do a 5 gallon water change if its up, if its below 1.0ppm then you should be able to get away with a 2-3 gallon change.

Well, its either a) not dead and hiding, B) something ate it already or C) its in the filter. Check around and yes you can move rock around to find it. Keep a close eye on your water parameters and test often.

Good point about checking the filter. Catmel is that clown you had that got ich all better and back in the main tank?

Good point about checking the filter. Catmel is that clown you had that got ich all better and back in the main tank?

Yep sure is, Survived and well.. and has tank mates now ;) Thank goodness!

As for the Ammonia, make SURE you always have plenty of stored saltwater for changes and emergency changes. The easiest way to get ammonia down is to do a pretty big water change as stated before. Test your water parameters daily at this point.

okay ha ha i lost it for a minute lol but i only have 2 turbo snails did they eat it? i also have the gramma and the blenny but ya im gonna get right on that water change thanks guys ALOT

anything is possible in a marine aquarium!! ... but i agree to have SW stored make sure you dont use tap, Distilled if you cant get your hands on RO water from LFS... RO/DI is the best. I work at a LFS here in Ohio and i stay stocked with at least 30 gallons of RO SW. always for those diar times.

lol im not that stupid ha ha i know to use RO water ive used that from the start lol but thanks still for the GREAT advice so far im luven this website :p

Back
Top Bottom