Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-05-2003, 09:28 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to toddwess
Okay, QT is up and running . . .

I got rid of the nasty water from my QT and replaced it (all 10 gallons) with water from the display tank.

I moved my two remaining fish into the QT.

All that is left in the display tank is some snails, some hermits, one scallop, two cleaner shrimp, one bristle star, one flower pot coral and one octabubble coral.

Given what I have in the display tank, if I leave the tank without fish for 4 weeks (minimum) is it safe to say that I will be rid of ich?

I have done 6 13% water changes in the past 7 days and that has really helped get my nitrates very close to zero.

If the display tank has to sit for 4 weeks and wait for the ich to go away, will the two fish be okay in the QT for 4 weeks?

Thanks for your help!
Todd

Old 09-05-2003, 11:20 PM   #2
steve-s

Re: Okay, QT is up and running . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwess
Given what I have in the display tank, if I leave the tank without fish for 4 weeks (minimum) is it safe to say that I will be rid of ich?
As long as it stays fishless for the full 4 weeks, then yes.

Quote:
If the display tank has to sit for 4 weeks and wait for the ich to go away, will the two fish be okay in the QT for 4 weeks?
Providing they are on the smaller side, they should be fine. Just make sure there is ample places for them to hide.

Cheers
Steve

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com