Okay, QT is up and running . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toddwess

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got rid of the nasty water from my QT and replaced it (all 10 gallons) with water from the display tank.

I moved my two remaining fish into the QT.

All that is left in the display tank is some snails, some hermits, one scallop, two cleaner shrimp, one bristle star, one flower pot coral and one octabubble coral.

Given what I have in the display tank, if I leave the tank without fish for 4 weeks (minimum) is it safe to say that I will be rid of ich?

I have done 6 13% water changes in the past 7 days and that has really helped get my nitrates very close to zero.

If the display tank has to sit for 4 weeks and wait for the ich to go away, will the two fish be okay in the QT for 4 weeks?

Thanks for your help!
Todd

toddwess said:
Given what I have in the display tank, if I leave the tank without fish for 4 weeks (minimum) is it safe to say that I will be rid of ich?
As long as it stays fishless for the full 4 weeks, then yes.

If the display tank has to sit for 4 weeks and wait for the ich to go away, will the two fish be okay in the QT for 4 weeks?
Providing they are on the smaller side, they should be fine. Just make sure there is ample places for them to hide.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom