Old Castle Sand? Is this correct?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericsze

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got some "Play Sand" from Home Depot, the manufacturer is Old Castle from somewhere in PA. It came in a 50LB bag for like 5 bucks. It's silica free, and sterile. Is this the right stuff?

I'm thrown off because on the back of the package it says not recommended for aquariums.

Please advise.

Southdown = Old Castle. They must put that on the package to honor their agreement with Caribsea, which gets their sand from the same place.

You will still have to introduce LS into the aquarium for a DSB. Theres many other types you can use from whta i have read....What made you decide to buy that much?

180 gallon tank
4-6 inch sand bed which is going to take approximately 600 lbs.
The reason I ordered so much is because the person who ordered a pallet got about 10 broken bags and I wanted to be sure and have enough, plus I am gonna give a guy a bag for some ls to seed mine. Plus I am considering changing my 55 into sw and use my 45 as its sump. So the extra sand will be used eventually for one thing or another.

Back
Top Bottom