Omg annoying algae!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I usually don't scrape the back glass of my tank cause I let the trochus snails eat the green algae mat that forms back there. So a week ago I decided to scrape the glass and do a water change. I used ALL dead rock from Marco rocks so no funky hitch hiking algae came along. So yesterday I see this hair algae growing, but it's not the regular hair algae. It's stiff and not wavy like regular hair algae. This didn't show up till I scraped the back glass. HELP!! Tank has been up for 2 years now...

123odb8.jpg

I haven't seen algae like that, so I can't help. All I know is the basics, check parameters, do water changes and let the CUC do the rest. My other half scrapes the hair algae off the back panel, but I can't tell whether it helps to be honest. I just let him get on with it.

I had the same thing happen to me. I was away for 10 days and when I scraped the algae off my glass, stringy green stuff came off a and a small piece latched onto a rock. I thought I took it all off but I didn't. I think it's turf algae. My algae eating fish and CuC won't touch it. I eventually dipped the rock in hydrogen peroxide to get rid of the stuff. The rock has zoas on it and the peroxide didn't kill them at all

Back
Top Bottom