OMG!!! I'm frustrated!!! Blenny MIA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bawel

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi peeps,

It's been a frustrating week for me. I have to move my tank from living room to my room cause they want to change the carpet of the whole apt. I opted not to change at all in my room cause there's no way to do that, my stuff are just too much (snowboard, tv, big huge frame bed, etc). In any case. As I was planning to do this move, I found out 2 days ago my new Yellow Fin Blenny went MIA. I thought oh maybe cause it's already almost time to turn off lite so she's already rested but no, I haven't seen her at all and I found like little left over of bodies. Nobody in the tank ever fight, so who do you think the culprit be???

1. Emerald Crab
2. Cleaner Shrimp
3. Other fishes (Firefish, clownfish, mini blue Tang, Scissortail)

I'm completely at loss and the only positive way of my thinking now, I probably can get a Midas Blenny to live in my tank...

Please help...

Probably a lack of real estate...what exactly is a "mini Blue Tang"?
If not that, how big is the crab?

real estate? I don't think so, everybody sleeps at their own place though, the crab is tiny just like regular emerald mithrax crab, like the body wise only like 1 inch... and the mini Blue Tang is the juvenile of Blue Tang, like only 2inches.

Nooo... this happened right before the move... so I'm pretty aware of that...

my carpet? :O This happened before the moving thooo... :( and no he didn't jump, I've searched all over... and no dead body either, well i'm not so sure about this...

Well unfortunately if the fish died the inhabitants would probably clean it up within no time. So, you probably would not find a body. :(

The crab more then likely ate it clean after it was picked over. I notice this in my fresh tank, the cats cleaned the mess up within hours, Lost a small pleco, couldnt find em, days later the intake tube had a skeleton stuck to it.

when they are stressed they will hide.

We lost our tiger watchman goby for about a week. He'd been relatively active and social, so it was a surprise that he wouldn't be visible for that long. On top of that, for a bottom feeder, I never expected that jumping and sump or carpet surfing would be an issue. After the week is done and still no sight, I'm sitting in the chair next to the tank and my wife starts to freak out, looking at the floor next to me. I look down and there's mr. goby, perched up on his pectorals staring at us, but dry as a bone and frozen in history. He'd probably been there all week and we didn't notice. (no comments on our housekeeping skills thanks). I thought I had the tank sealed off pretty good, but I'm thinking twice now about that zebra moray I was going to get.

ouch... yeah mine is nowhere to be found completely, so it must be eaten by the inhabitants, I guess there goes Blennies off my list, first royal gramma, now blennies, I wonder what can I get next so that it won't be missing again...

Back
Top Bottom