On an aquarium pilgramage today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TangoTank

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We've hit Busch Wildlife Sanctuary & on our way to the Juno Beach Marinelife Center... Along the way, we stopped off at the Riverwalk Dive Center by Dive Bar in Jupiter where a Fishtank Kings episode was filmed. There's no tank in the dive shop like on the show! But there is a cylindrical tank in Dive Bar which I've seen before & even posted pics of fish for identification on this forum. They did change the motif & fish in the cylinder tank though from what I remember years ago.

What's the deal?? Is the tank from the show gone or a farse??

I just seen that episode a few weeks ago. Was going to check it out!!! Crazy

I've seen the beginning of it twice & still haven't seen the end. My daughter has & she said it was in the corner of the shop. There's nothing & the guy working there had NO CLUE about the show! As we were driving off, my daughter thought we saw the lady walking in who was the client on the show.

Checked out Oceans Below. AWESOME place!! I will definitely be returning.

I had no idea FTK did a tank in Jupter. Where at? That's where I'm from! A good saltwater store I've always liked is Riley's Reef.

I've seen the beginning of it twice & still haven't seen the end. My daughter has & she said it was in the corner of the shop. There's nothing & the guy working there had NO CLUE about the show! As we were driving off, my daughter thought we saw the lady walking in who was the client on the show.

Checked out Oceans Below. AWESOME place!! I will definitely be returning.

Good people at OB and Mike is helpful and honest. They have actually saved me money and helped me out from sump design to waiting to buy a fish that died the next day. Love Rileys to great peeps.

I had no idea FTK did a tank in Jupter. Where at? That's where I'm from! A good saltwater store I've always liked is Riley's Reef.

Yeah, I'm from Jup too but don't live there now. Riley's is great. Was my 1st time at Ocean's Below. I'm trying to explore all the different shops & pick more people's brains.

Riverwalk Dive Shop next to Dive Bar just south of Indiantown Bridge on US 1. FTK didn't do the cylindrical tank in Dive Bar far as I know, definitely not on an aired episode. If you can watch it OnDemand, it's the episode w/ the Gumbo Limbo turtle rehab center (I think--it's not in the episode description OnDemand).

Good people at OB and Mike is helpful and honest. They have actually saved me money and helped me out from sump design to waiting to buy a fish that died the next day. Love Rileys to great peeps.

Mike was GREAT! I really like their frag & coral displays. I think if I go reef, I'll feel most comfy using them.

Welp, took another pilgrimage after seeing the July 20th episode of FTK at SFL Science Museum. They did an entire room of, I believe, 14 aquariums. One being a cylinder that you can actually climb up under & see from the inside out! Well... it was broken & empty. They said the exhibit opened June 7th & it broke last week. They said it'd be quite awhile before they fix it. Either way, the rest of the exhibit was AWESOME! My kids really, really enjoyed it. We spent about 5 hrs at the museum & planetarium which isn't very big.

Super disappointed about the broken tank that was going to be our highlight... but very stoked that the rest of the exhibit was beautiful
image-4079836772.jpg

image-954714865.jpg

image-2342275664.jpg

The shipwreck detail was even better in person than on TV
image-4084653377.jpg

image-395900712.jpg

image-1960659381.jpg

I've gone and seen that! The look-through tank was up and running when I saw it. It was pretty neat. I've grown up going to that musem and seeing all those fancy new tanks was incredible! Especially after you go and see all the old original exhibits in the musem. Huge change!

The zoo across the street is a lot of fun also.

I've gone and seen that! The look-through tank was up and running when I saw it. It was pretty neat. I've grown up going to that musem and seeing all those fancy new tanks was incredible! Especially after you go and see all the old original exhibits in the musem. Huge change!

The zoo across the street is a lot of fun also.

Yeah, I've been to the zoo a lot lately (school field trips!) & it's not my fave animal adventure... not sure why I don't like that zoo?? I'm really into animals. Maybe I'm spoiled going to Disney's Animal Kingdom a lot, etc. Also, I'm a dog rescue kinda person & leave animals to their natural habitat kinda person which makes my fish keeping odd. HA! I guess that's why I try to keep my tanks as natural as possible w/ my kids' tanks the exceptions w/ spongebob & super hero decos! I just feel like zoos in FL or anywhere not native to the animal can provide tigers or monkeys, etc. the same kind of environment they deserve. Rescues like Busch Wildlife are different, the location is in FL, all the animals are rescues & indigenous. So ultimately, I guess that's why I don't enjoy zoos, I feel bad for the animals. I don't poo-poo anybody who likes zoos, *I* just don't have fun at them. Bummer.

I haven't been to the Museum since I was a kid & nothing about it seemed familiar and it's so much smaller than I remember! The aquariums really make it worth it... the time, the money, the drive and the fact that my kids really enjoyed the entire thing though, that's what mattered. They really love the zoo too.

To each their own, no worries. I've just been going to them both since I was very little and I've always enjoyed them. I love Animal Kingdom too!

The science museum definitely does seem smaller! They used to have a ton more exhibits but it was all replaced by the big aquariums. They used to have a small little aquarium room in the back by the planetarium which was pretty neat.

To each their own, no worries. I've just been going to them both since I was very little and I've always enjoyed them. I love Animal Kingdom too!

The science museum definitely does seem smaller! They used to have a ton more exhibits but it was all replaced by the big aquariums. They used to have a small little aquarium room in the back by the planetarium which was pretty neat.

Do you remember the wall where you struck a pose, a big flash would go off... Then, you'd step away and your pose looked like a shadow on the wall??

Hmm.. don't remember that. But I remember when they had the tornado machine in the entrance.

Hmm.. don't remember that. But I remember when they had the tornado machine in the entrance.

They still have the Hurricane Force thing. I don't remember the triangles but that mighta been after my time. I haven't been there since probably the 80s!

Back
Top Bottom