on ebay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we bought our ro for the fish and the family loves it my daughter will not even brush her teeth with the old water any more best money i spent!!!

If I were choosing from the two...I would go with this one. However, if I were looking at buying an RO/DI filter, I would look at our sponsors first.

Ehat do you look for in a RO/DI unit? I know they have several different stage units, what are the differences?

Be very careful with the cheap RO'S on E-bay. They usually use very low grade membranes and thin plastic parts. There is also usually no customer support with those units. Stick with the if its to good to be true it probably is motto.

Darin

www.captivereefs.com

jamal-188 said:
Ehat do you look for in a RO/DI unit? I know they have several different stage units, what are the differences?

The first thing to look for in a RO unit is the GPD rating. These units will produce an approx amount of water and its measured in Gallons Per Day. So a 50GPD unit will output approx 50 gal of RO water per day. A 100GPD unit will have roughtly 2X the output of a 50GPD unit. Depending on how you set it up you might be able to get by with a 25GPD unit or you migt need the increased output of a 75GPD unit.

The second thing to look for is the number of stages. In theory the more stages you have the higher the water quality will be on the filtered end of the unit. The number of stages is nt the only factor when it comes to water quality though. The other factor is what is within these stages. For example a 3 stage filter could produce as good of water as a 5 stage filter if the 5 stage filter has lower quality filter cartrages or has cartrages with higher micron filter size.

Other things to look for would be if the RO unit has a TDS meeter or a pressure guage or how the RO unit attaches to your home water system.

thank fishfreek, think I'll check out our sponsers and may as well order one now :D Any particular model you'd go with, I know it depends on how many GPD day I need but other than that?

This one here 4 Stage Ro/DI
looks pretty nice, 50GPD which I'm sure would be plenty for most people. A little more than the ebay units but seems to be of better quality and free shipping.

Back
Top Bottom