One (more) feeding question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nate C

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 1 yellow tang, 5 blue-green chromis.

I feed once daily in the evening - Frozen spirulina enhanced Brine shrimp. (They feed the shrimp spirulina right before freezing them...) The cubes are roughly 1 cm x 1cm x 1cm. I feed one-half cube daily.

The fish seem to consume 90% of the pieces before they can sink to the bottom.

I have a light (for my tank size 90 gal) cleanup crew - maybe 12 snails, and 20 or so hermit crabs, mix of redleg and blueleg.

150lbs LR, 150lbs (3.5") dsb.

Does this feeding schedule sound ok, too high, or too low? Anyone use these cubes? They are distributed by Sally's San Francisco Bay Brand.

Thanks in advance.

Nate C

Nothing terrible, may wanna leave the tang something to graze on during the day, maybe some seaweed on a clip, and change up the fod sometimes. You wouldn't wanna eat the same thing ever day either would you! ;)

i would suggest getting a plant based food for the tag, such as "emerald entree" frozen food, also distributed by sallys i beleive, since tangs are primarily herbivores. i also second the idea of nori on a clip for him to graze on at least every other day. you can also feed him blanched broccoli or spinach.

althought i realize that it is fortified brine, brine is not the most nutrient rich food. i would definitly switch it up every once in a while, feed some mysis shrimp or something of that nature.

HTH!

Back
Top Bottom