One spot fox face in a reef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice, just remember next time you stick your arm in the tank he can sting ya. I have a lion and a foxface, I take my life into my hands everytime I pick up fallen over coral or something...lol

I don't know of rabbitfish being tank raised. I think they are all wild caught. As for the sting, yes it's possible. But they aren't designed to attack, just defend. I've never seen mine make an up or down motion strong enough to puncture anything. I think the spine orientation really only allows for a strong deterrent against biting down on them. Not saying it's impossible, just unlikely.
That being said, if ever stung by a marine animal, seek medical attention. Even if you can "play through the pain" and break down the poison with heat all on your own, tetanus and other infections are a huge risk in marine punctures.
Lecture over. Mine has never even tried to sting me. Enjoy! They are beautiful fish loaded with personality!

Back
Top Bottom