One Then two Bulb Anemone.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Choas

Aquarium Advice Activist
I went to work today with one Bulb Anemone to feed. When I came Home there where Two. Wow What a Shock just 2 weeks ago I thought he was dieing. Now I have 2. I also have My zoo polps just going nuts all over the tank. I have lots of the purple Algea growing. I think it is coraline. It is not red at all. Does this mean my tank is running good now?

ok so GIVE ME SOME OF YOUR TANK

that is excellent ! coraline algea only grows in the perfect conditions! excellent work you have pics?

Sounds like you have got the hang of keeping your tank ideal for the zoo's and coralline. The anemone splitting is more related to stress than ideal conditions. I am not saying it is dying I am just saying they split more under stress then they do when happy. Have you ever heard of people doing a WC to cause them to split?

No I never heard of that. I will work on some pics to. I have to get a new camera. So it is not so good that it slit. The day before it slit it was spread out really far on the rocks. I don't know if that means anything. I also noted that the bulbs where thin not fat before it slit. Now it is fat little bulbs on both of them.

So it is not so good that it slit
It is the common way they reproduce in a aquarium but it normally triggered by stress. I was going to point you to some specific articles but I am really tired. :) I did a search on google and got over 45,000 results from anemones splitting due to stress. In a "perfect" world they spawn to reproduce not split. here is search results. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=anemone+split++stress&btnG=Search

Back
Top Bottom