onespot foxface in 50 or 55?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Epicchef

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Should I keepp a onespot foxface in a 55 or 50 gal tank? Better yet can I even keep one in those tanks?

Could I keep it as a juvenile and trade it back? Also could a copperband bf or yellow tang go in a 50 or 55?
I know foxface grows fast

Could I keep it as a juvenile and trade it back? Also could a copperband bf or yellow tang go in a 50 or 55?
I know foxface grows fast

General rule of thumb is a 6 foot tank for a full grown tang from what I've always been told. I have a yellow tang and a foxface full grown in my 200 gallon and I couldn't imagine them in a smaller aquarium. My foxface hit 5-6 inches in a year. But he eats nori everyday. I can't keep him in the water when he sees the algae clip. Absolutely beautiful fish but requires a lot of room.

General rule of thumb is a 6 foot tank for a full grown tang from what I've always been told. I have a yellow tang and a foxface full grown in my 200 gallon and I couldn't imagine them in a smaller aquarium. My foxface hit 5-6 inches in a year. But he eats nori everyday. I can't keep him in the water when he sees the algae clip. Absolutely beautiful fish but requires a lot of room.

What about the copperband?

+1 on that, my foxface goes after nori more than my tangs, he goes nuts for it. I got him about 2 inches and in less than a year he's about 5

My foxface is easily 6" right now and eats a full nori sheet in a matter of a few hours just by picking at it randomly.

My Yellow Eye Kole Tang and my Hippo Tang might touch the nori once a week and only when I soak it in garlic first.

I had a yellow tang and he was small but his favorite thing was race from side to side in the tank. I would not give them less than 6ft of tank space just because of how fast they are.

Edit: Should also mention my Hippo Tang was bought about 2 months ago around 1" long and today shes almost 4" they grow FAST

I'm not sure on the copperband. I've seen them in smaller tanks but that didn't mean they were happy and stress free. I have corals so butterfly's are a no-go for me
I thought they only eat corals if they dont have enough nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom