Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-15-2011, 11:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Online fish ordering

What is the best site to order from and why?

Old 11-16-2011, 12:07 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

A lot of folks like liveaquaria.com. 14 day fish guarantee that is hard to beat. Fish prices and shipping is a bit too pricey for me though.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:08 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Just buy from reputable people on aquabid.com
Old 11-16-2011, 12:23 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

aquabid rarely has any marine fish. At least i haven't seen much activity in some months.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:02 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sorry didn't realize it was marine.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:36 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Live Aquaria is good as has been pointed out and it is true their shippping is a little steep, however, their packaging is exceptional. In order to keep their shipping even where they have it, however, there is a $29.99 minmum order for marine fish. The cost with shipping does end up being less expensive than what I can get the same fish for locally but that is going to depend on your own LFS'.

In truth I have never ordered online from anyone else.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Live Aquaria will also do free shipping if your order is above $225. I don't know what size tank you are stocking, or what you are considering, but you can get there pretty fast. I can also vouch that they are pretty much no hassle when it comes to their guarantee. Just a phone call and your order number is all it took for me. No pictures, no mailing back a tail or any of that.

I have also ordered from saltwaterfish.com. I think their invertebrates are better than Live Aquaria, but that is truly anecdotal in my limited experience. They do free shipping if the total is more than $199. Also, they regularly have specials where your entire order will have free shipping if you order an item from a certain list. This list changes from day to day, but always includes their clean up crew packs. I ordered my ORA deresa clam this way. However, in order to get a refund for a DOA, you have to snap a picture and email it in within 5 hours of delviery. They will give you credit if you send in the picture after 5 hours but before 15 days. Also, if you just sign up for their email list, they'll send you a coupon code for 15% off regularly priced items. Subsequent emails may include a discount code or just list their sale items.

I would say I've had good experience with both of these companies.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com