Online Purchasing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. I just ordered one of those Hydor Koralia's (750-gph) for $25.00 the 1050gph for $$35.98 & 1400gphfor $46.38 on sale if anyone needs them from PetMountain.com could not believe the prices for those. Plus only 6.99 for shipping to my city (Houston, TX) not sure if that would be the same shipping price for other cities..

that pet place is cool. i live an hour from there. awesome store. i have ordered from pet mountain, but it was just dog treats. they arrived fine.

Do they have a good selection of Algea sheets at "That Pet Place" various kinds? I did buy some strange looking seaweed stuff that you have to soak in water to let it expand but my sailfin will not even touch it. Spits it right back out and ignores it. When I felt it it was very rubbery feeling don't know how to get it unrubbery feeling. I even boiled then blanched it and it still felt rubbery. Any Suggestions?

Get a different kind. I just bought some red nori sheets for my convict tang and he doesnt seem to care for it much. I was putting it on a clip but wouldnt go near it, so i started rubbing it in my fingers to break it up and let it blow around the aquarium, he would take a few bites but not much. I think I am going to have to buy another kind of seaweed, maybe some green this time.

He only seems to like the algae off the glass and rocks :(

i get it from the supermarket. it's cheaper than fish stores. just choose the roasted, not the raw. it's the same stuff they sell in pet stores.
this is what i get for the fish-
img_1203810_0_c59be5a1fd5b523fd1603c5b1403f797.jpg

Okay thanks I think the stuff I got is of the "raw form" I bought it at a Korean Grocery Store. They have tons of some many types of Seaweed it was unreal.

ya i just go to the health food store 5min from my house. it was 7 bucks for a huge bag, would last me months maybe even a year lol

10 huge sheets.

they had the nori ones that i bought, and they also had roasted ones.

i will try the roasted stuff, maybe i can exchange it haha

yeah..i know people keep saying "get the raw stuff, not the roasted" but i have to disagree. the stuff they sell in the LFS is the roasted nori.

really? see that is what I have been told for years now, get the raw nori. dont touch the roasted, but i am gonna try it before my tang starves.

i hope he is not hungry, he eats algae all day long and has eaten a bit of the nori i had bought. not sure its enough though

My Desjardins tears into the Nori sheets like no tomorrow. But he does not like the real "raw seawead" I have even froze it like I do my bell peppers because when they thaw out they become very soft because of the water in them and I was hoping that would be the same for the Raw Seaweed but no such luck. It was really fun to watch the stuff expand once it was hydrated.

Back
Top Bottom