Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to match55 Send a message via MSN to match55 Send a message via Yahoo to match55
they do have the little thingy in front of them, but they won't have it out all the time.
maybe my current in the refugium is too strong?

Old 09-05-2009, 01:13 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to match55 Send a message via MSN to match55 Send a message via Yahoo to match55
I think the one I got from the LFS are whelks!!!they won't go under the sand and they tried to kill my snails that I just put in yesterday.
they r so gone for my tank!!

Old 09-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #13
is back to save the day!

Those are DEFINITELY not nassarius snails. Nassarius stay in the sand all day until food is available. *Sometimes* they go on rocks and other things on hunt of food when they are just about starving. If that's the picture of the snail that ate your hermits.. then those are most certainly not nassas lol.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:49 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
Those are DEFINITELY not nassarius snails. Nassarius stay in the sand all day until food is available. *Sometimes* they go on rocks and other things on hunt of food when they are just about starving. If that's the picture of the snail that ate your hermits.. then those are most certainly not nassas lol.
yea they not just eat my hermit, they even try to kill my new nassis that I got days ago. I moved them back to the DT with my puffers~
now they know who's the boss in the tank LOL
Old 09-05-2009, 11:57 PM   #15
is back to save the day!

hahahaha!!! Good.. only thing they're good for now is food. xD Good stuff match55!
Old 09-06-2009, 01:05 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
hahahaha!!! Good.. only thing they're good for now is food. xD Good stuff match55!
thanks thanks
its really exciting cuz they seems to know they r moved to a puffer tank,
they hide in their shell from this morning till now, didn't even make a move at all, they know the puffers r checking them out haha.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:32 AM   #17
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Can you get a pic of one of them so I can see the "foot"? If they have a covering, they maybe a type of whelk. If not, they may be nassis.

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:44 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thincat View Post
The hermit must have been sick or dying or dead.

Yeap, that would be the only reason. Snails are too slow...can only eat what cant move.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:54 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by roka64 View Post
Can you get a pic of one of them so I can see the "foot"? If they have a covering, they maybe a type of whelk. If not, they may be nassis.
yes they have covering for the shell.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:57 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by roka64 View Post
So if the shell doesn't cover all the foot they are naassarius snails?

Tags
crab, hermit, hermit crab, led, snail, snails

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com