OoO my snails killed a hermit crab OoO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

match55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Last night I found 1 snail is kissing the hermit, I thought it was the hermit checking if the shell is open for its new home, so I left then alone.
this morning.... 3 snails r all over/around the hermit, little weird, so I take them out, and get the snails off the hermit......and the hermit shell and inside is full with slime from the snails....I clean the slime off but the hermit is gone.
OoO
is that possible if there r more snails in the tank, they might be aggressive to hermit??

the hermit was still alive yesterday around 8pm, untill 11pm the first snails came contact with it.

I had a snail eat my brand new peppermint shrimp. Poor little guy was smaller than the nassarius snails.

I'd say anything's possible based on that.

I m gonna put another hermit down to the sump and see what will happen OoO
if I have killing snails, I m gonna return them to my lfs= ="

IMO on the hermit and shrimp. They were all over the molt. They look like the real thing.

I have to agree with the rest, they were probably finishing up their cleaning duties. If you were talking about bumblebee snails, that may have been a different story as they sometimes like to snack on other snails.

they do have the little thingy in front of them, but they won't have it out all the time.
maybe my current in the refugium is too strong?
img_1025154_0_3d75cb1430914302a2a3a30a9f561707.jpg
img_1025154_1_5a4f8ac602cfe42f9bc30d4db151e19d.jpg

I think the one I got from the LFS are whelks!!!they won't go under the sand and they tried to kill my snails that I just put in yesterday.
they r so gone for my tank!!

Those are DEFINITELY not nassarius snails. Nassarius stay in the sand all day until food is available. *Sometimes* they go on rocks and other things on hunt of food when they are just about starving. If that's the picture of the snail that ate your hermits.. then those are most certainly not nassas lol.

Those are DEFINITELY not nassarius snails. Nassarius stay in the sand all day until food is available. *Sometimes* they go on rocks and other things on hunt of food when they are just about starving. If that's the picture of the snail that ate your hermits.. then those are most certainly not nassas lol.

yea they not just eat my hermit, they even try to kill my new nassis that I got days ago. I moved them back to the DT with my puffers~
now they know who's the boss in the tank LOL

hahahaha!!! Good.. only thing they're good for now is food. xD Good stuff match55!

hahahaha!!! Good.. only thing they're good for now is food. xD Good stuff match55!

thanks thanks
its really exciting cuz they seems to know they r moved to a puffer tank,
they hide in their shell from this morning till now, didn't even make a move at all, they know the puffers r checking them out haha.

Can you get a pic of one of them so I can see the "foot"? If they have a covering, they maybe a type of whelk. If not, they may be nassis.

Can you get a pic of one of them so I can see the "foot"? If they have a covering, they maybe a type of whelk. If not, they may be nassis.
So if the shell doesn't cover all the foot they are naassarius snails?

Back
Top Bottom