Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-26-2008, 01:16 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Wow Kurt, that is amazing. Thanks for sharing those pics and explanations for us freshies.

AA Community Rules | AA TOS

Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:54 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
I have an open brain that seems to be getting smaller? I target feed it krill when the tentacles come out. It takes about 1/2 hour for it to eat one krill and is an amazing thing to watch. Often I have to push the hermit crabs off as they will climb right up onto it and steal the food. Should I be feeding it anything else?

Great Pictures and it is like having your own little nature show. I'm always peaking in on them just to see whats going on.

If you're talking whole krill... that's too big. Either chop it up into tiny pieces, or use something smaller like mysis. Small bits of chopped clams work too. I'm guessing it's getting no nutrition from the krill at all because it's too big and it can't digest it. It's probably spitting it back out when you're not looking, or not digesting it all and getting rid of the rest.

{Edit: just saw your other post too. Agree with the others - it doesn't "need" food, but it won't mind either. As long as it's appropriate size.}

Kurt_Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:17 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to usmcmarc Send a message via MSN to usmcmarc Send a message via Yahoo to usmcmarc
Mine has stopped "looking" for food. I have not seen its feelers out looking in the past couple months. It's very healthy looking and actually has grown in size. I guess the lights are giving it what it needs.

usmcmarc is offline   Reply With Quote

brain coral, coral, eat, eating, open brain

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com