Opinion on thermometers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltyrenee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I need an opinion on what thermometers people are using. There are not any in the product review section so I thought I would post the question on the forum. I am assuming that there is a difference and hope someone would help out on my learning curve.
Thanks,

I plan on getting the one ReefLady is using for my next tank. They seem to be pretty accurate and really easy to read. Right now I just have a little stick on one. In my 10 g frag tank, I have one of the floating ones.

I use a Big Temp by Life guard and a ProHeat II heater which has an LCD digital thermometer

I have the BigTemp in the tank and the Pro Heat in the Sump...

They are different by about .2-.3 degress...

Hm, My tank must look like it came from a third world contry compared to all of yours tanks with all the gadgets and gismos on it.

I just use a floating themometer in my sump. It reports my tank is always within 1 degree of where I want it at 82F

I use the little glass thermo that sinks to the bottom. It looks just like the floater, but it's weighted so it sits on the bottom. That way I don't have to search for the darn thing.
Logan J

I use the Lifeguard Big Digital Temp Alert on my reef and also have the Lifeguard Little Time or Temp that I use to monitor temp in stored SW, to check temp in livestock bags when I bring them home, to monitor temp in stored RO/DI water, and also to monitor temp in quarantine tank.

I use one of the stick on the glass thermometers. Eas to read and accurate enough for my purposes. Also, it's only 2 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom