Opinions for aquarium upgrade?..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Azn_gq

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey all. I just purchased an ecotech mp40w. Should I sell my ecotech mp10 and upgrade to a second one? Or will it be sufficient for me to just use the existing mp10w with the new mp40w?

Thanks!

Btw it's a 90 gallon from a 47 gallon.

If keep both. The 40 probably would do the job by itself, but sometimes altering the flow direction, which one 40 can't do, is desirable.

Run those 2 then, I run 2 mp40 on my 90g and it's a metric tonne of flow so I have them turned down. Just having one with an mp10 would be fantastic. If you have a sump put the mp40 on the side opposite the overflow and the mp10 on the side with the overflow. If it's a centre overflow then it doesn't matter.

Thanks. That would be an awesome setup!!! Got the sump yesterday. Getting the tanks Saturday! Picking up a crapload of live rock tomorrow!!! Stoked!!!

No doubt, getting to setup a new tank is always fun especially when you get to buy new gadgets. I'm still in the process of my 90g upgrade which started a year ago. As far as hardware goes I'm done, I think lol at least till the next new thing strikes my fancy. Now it's just restocking as I suffered a couple crashes. From my experience I will pass on some knowledge, DO NOT REUSE SAND FROM YOUR OLD TANK. Ok now that being said if you are cycling the new tank first then your ok to reuse as the ammonia spike won't kill anything. If your transferring things over on a deadline like I was then avoid it, the die off will cause a spike.

Back
Top Bottom