Opinions on my bio load

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone, Im running a 105G display, with the sump and fuge its about 125 total volume. I have 160lbs of LR and my water chemistry is good. The bad stuff is 0, NO3 is .5, temp is 79.0 - 80.1 over 24 hours, SG is stable at 1.025. I run reef, SPS and LPS with a few polyp corals for filler. I already have two percs in the tank and have 5 green chromis ready for entry from QT. I would like to add a clown goby, green madrin, and a purple tang. Whats your opinions on that kind of bioload vs. that much volume? I would rather add 3 of the 5 chromis now if it will be better for the other things I want later. I can easily take 2 of the chromis back to the LFS or pass them off to friends.

Well I think you have plenty of room for those. All those fish excluding the tang are quite small. I keep 16 fish in my 125 gal, and have no water problems. 4 of which are tangs.

Do you mind me inquiring about your chemisty? Just to benchmark a system with that many fish against what kind of chemistry I want to keep. Thanks again.

Amonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate around 20. I seldom do water changes, once I install my fuge I should be running 0 nitrate. Im gonna be using a 55 gal, with 6-10 inch DSB with mangroves, and possibly calupera.

Back
Top Bottom