Opinions on my LR Aquascape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonboyb

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had over 40 lbs. to get in the 28 gallon tank and it was much harder than expected. The big piece up top I bought as my "showpiece" as it has 2 large caves in it (can't see in pics). Anyways, after a couple hours I stopped with this. The 2 whitish LR pieces in the front left and front right are just sitting there and will be removed.

I tried to do something with lots of area for corals, and I also tried to create a couple of "dark zones" for lower light species (where to 2 circles are, and don't mind the teabag shrimp..LOL I have a 150 w halides and a 36 w actinic). I also kept the total height down as much as possible so I can place high light corals up top and not have them exposed to air during PWC's. There are many caves and open zones the way I stacked the LR, but I really have no clue what I'm doing:D This is my first reef tank so any advice or opinions on what I should do would be appreciated. Will this setup work OK?

aquascape.jpg

Looks good to me, but you may want to add a little more LR. Shoot for 1.5-2Lbs of rock per gallon, for best filtration.

Where my 3-stage filter basket is supposed to be is also filled with LR rubble. Maybe 3-4 lbs max.

I want to get a couple small pieces of branch LR but haven't found any local yet. I have a great place to put it, but I need to do it now before I start adding stock.

Looks pretty good. Just make sure you have plenty of holes and caves for the fish and inverts.

Looks pretty good. Just make sure you have plenty of holes and caves for the fish and inverts.

Tons of caves. I tried to keep several on the bottom too for gobies, crabs, shrimp etc that like to dig around. Don't worry, I placed the LR before putting my substrate in:cool:

Back
Top Bottom