Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-13-2005, 07:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Opinions on what to add next....

I have finished cycling and have LR with alot of critters crabs, aiptasia, mantis or pistol(haven't seen one yet just hear them) brittle stars, various worms, etc... I had ordered from my lfs a peppermint shrimp to start possibly conrolling the aptasia, I'm picking it up tomorrow.. Now I'm wondering what my next plan of action will be.. I am seeing some algal growth on my rocks(light looking green stuff) and thought maybe some snails, but I have some snails in there that came on the rock but I still haven't identified most of 'em yet.. I just don't want the shrimp that I hear poppin' at night to eat what I buy.. I was planning on buyin a good starter fish soon so I can start feeding the tank, but I'm not particularly in a hurry to do anything..I want the tank to build up pods and other things. I need some opinions... 8)

Old 05-14-2005, 11:21 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

More sanils may help with the algea. What size tank? What do you have planned for it? Adding a fish is fine as well. Just make sure it fits into the master plan for the tank. Start with one of the more hardy ones from your list and see how it goes. It is now time to start testing for PO4. How long are you running your lights?

Old 05-14-2005, 11:25 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

My tank is a 55gal with 80lbs of lr.. I'm buyin 2 peppermint shrimp today and prolly 4 turbos.. I don't have bad algae but it looks like some fluffy green stuff on some of my rocks, I have some diatoms..
Old 05-15-2005, 03:20 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'm running my lights 12hrs a day, trying to get myself in the habit of all the fishy needs..

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com