Opinions on what to add next....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceanicsublimat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have finished cycling and have LR with alot of critters crabs, aiptasia, mantis or pistol(haven't seen one yet just hear them) brittle stars, various worms, etc... I had ordered from my lfs a peppermint shrimp to start possibly conrolling the aptasia, I'm picking it up tomorrow.. Now I'm wondering what my next plan of action will be.. I am seeing some algal growth on my rocks(light looking green stuff) and thought maybe some snails, but I have some snails in there that came on the rock but I still haven't identified most of 'em yet.. I just don't want the shrimp that I hear poppin' at night to eat what I buy.. I was planning on buyin a good starter fish soon so I can start feeding the tank, but I'm not particularly in a hurry to do anything..I want the tank to build up pods and other things. I need some opinions... 8)

More sanils may help with the algea. What size tank? What do you have planned for it? Adding a fish is fine as well. Just make sure it fits into the master plan for the tank. Start with one of the more hardy ones from your list and see how it goes. It is now time to start testing for PO4. How long are you running your lights?

My tank is a 55gal with 80lbs of lr.. I'm buyin 2 peppermint shrimp today and prolly 4 turbos.. I don't have bad algae but it looks like some fluffy green stuff on some of my rocks, I have some diatoms..

Back
Top Bottom