opinions please.shrimp related.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jnvette

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i cant control the aptaisa growing in my 75.it seems like every time i use the joe's juice to kill one, three more pop up somewhere else.i was thinking about buying a couple of pepermint shrimp on the way home tonight.do they really eat aptaisa,and will they get along with my skunk cleaner?

i had two in a thirty six gallon and they kept down the aptsia, when they kicked the bucket the aptasia came back, I think they do a wonderful job, but don't expect to have active shrimp that are always out they are reclusive and scare easily.

I'll second that. I was spending some time zapping. Since I added my 2 Pep's, have not had a need. They do a very nice job.

Mine take food away from everybody, the corals and my clown since for some reason he always retreats to his cave to eat and the shrimp follow him right in there. Silly clown, you'd think he'd figure it out by now. They also are brave enough to roam the tank during the day.

justmy2cents said:
they are reclusive and scare easily.

You haven't seen mine. :roll: Mine act liek they own the tank, they will even take food from the serpant and brittle stars I have. :roll:

Haha! Sounds like my cleaners..

I put 10 in my 75. Have had peps since the 3rd month of the tank's existence. Aptasia? Yeah, I've seen that in books and the LFS. Never in my tank.

And after a while peps get kinda confortable and show up a lot. They live with 5 cleaners and 3 blood reds. They all do fine together. Everyone has a piece of rock to call theirs.

Back
Top Bottom