Optics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dimdim

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Buying an led fixture for a 36" long tank 18" tall 35 gallons. Will one fixture be sufficient? And what angle of optics should i go wth? Im gonna be buying from ebay

One should be fine,120 optics will cover about 36" at 18" tall you will have plenty of light. You would want the 120 watt ones.Which ones are you looking at?

The shipper on ebays name is deucebigalow 2000 dimmable 3w cree led fixture ill post a link tomorrow,

personally, I would not suggest any fixtures until you provide your live stock. As it is very different from keeping SPS with only 1 16" fixture with 120 degree optic lenses vs using the same fixture for soft corals.
Please keep in mind the higher degree of lenses it uses, the less PAR it will provide. If you are doing SPS/LPS, I would suggest 2 fixtures of any 120W bridgelux fixture or 2x72W fixtures. It would also depend on if your tank has a center bracer, if you do then 1 120W fixture would not work simply you will have a huge shadow area right under the light

I just bought 2 from thr same seller. I you have coral go woth 2, 1 doesnt cover the tank. I got the 90 degree optics...

Attachments

• image-2637113719.jpg
    image-2637113719.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 100
Reef breeders says their 120 covers 36" Check out the thread LEDs best bang for your buck Mr x ordered the reef breeders to check them out might be worth waiting.you could always add one if you need two. Depends on your corals. What do you have or want?

I want all corals from softies to lps and a rose bubble tip nem. Gettinglivestock aounds like a bad idea cause i wont have a light untill it comes it, buying corals and having no light sounds like a bad idea, and it didnt cover your 36" tank? Mine is only 35 gallons no center brace, worried with one fixture at 130 degree or whatever that par wont be enough for sps or nems it is only 18" tall

If you can swing it i'd suggest getting 2. Also if you upgrade to a 90 gallon in the future you already have lights! Lol

If you look at the last pic i posted my tank is 39 inches across and you can see how each end is darker than the middle. Picture that with just one...

I think im gonna bite it and buy 2! Lol its still cheaper then buying an ati or tek t5 ! More bang for more buck. I think im gonna order from two different sellers ? Heres the first one

Attachments

• image-1353513406.jpg
    image-1353513406.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 88
  • image-3607477895.jpg
    image-3607477895.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 97
Back
Top Bottom