Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Optimum Coral Food

I know that many of you chose not to feed your corals. I have some zoas, various types and colors of mushrooms, some softies, and lots of LPS varieties. Initially I fed them Coral Frenzy and everyone seemed happy and tank was fine. I read that powered mixes had lots of phosphates and that liquid foods were better. So I moved to liquids Phyto feast and Roti feast. I had a phosphate issue, which I have controlled, but read that liquid foods have lost of phosphates. So which is better? Powder or liquiq foods? Thanks

Old 11-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Im actually curious about this myself. I use coral frenzy and cyclop eeze. I havent used it in a while because im scared of polluting tank. When i first bought it i did use it almost every day without adverse effects but i think having a really good skimmer helped clean up the excess waste. I might start throwing it in once a week.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderson417
I know that many of you chose not to feed your corals. I have some zoas, various types and colors of mushrooms, some softies, and lots of LPS varieties. Initially I fed them Coral Frenzy and everyone seemed happy and tank was fine. I read that powered mixes had lots of phosphates and that liquid foods were better. So I moved to liquids Phyto feast and Roti feast. I had a phosphate issue, which I have controlled, but read that liquid foods have lost of phosphates. So which is better? Powder or liquiq foods? Thanks
I have started using "Reef Chili" and really like it. It is powdered and you add it to a cup of tank water. I try to feed corals with a syringe instead of just broadcasting the food thru the entire tank. Phyto feast is liquid phosphate in my opinion.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

It looks like Reef Chili is the most popular reef food. Why do you use it over other alternatives?
Old 11-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

It is dry and you only add a tiny amount to a lot of water. It goes a long way, stores better and by sheer volume alone can't be adding as much organic waste.

Tags
coral, food

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com