Optimum Coral Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sanderson417

Aquarium Advice Activist
I know that many of you chose not to feed your corals. I have some zoas, various types and colors of mushrooms, some softies, and lots of LPS varieties. Initially I fed them Coral Frenzy and everyone seemed happy and tank was fine. I read that powered mixes had lots of phosphates and that liquid foods were better. So I moved to liquids Phyto feast and Roti feast. I had a phosphate issue, which I have controlled, but read that liquid foods have lost of phosphates. So which is better? Powder or liquiq foods? Thanks

Im actually curious about this myself. I use coral frenzy and cyclop eeze. I havent used it in a while because im scared of polluting tank. When i first bought it i did use it almost every day without adverse effects but i think having a really good skimmer helped clean up the excess waste. I might start throwing it in once a week.

sanderson417 said:
I know that many of you chose not to feed your corals. I have some zoas, various types and colors of mushrooms, some softies, and lots of LPS varieties. Initially I fed them Coral Frenzy and everyone seemed happy and tank was fine. I read that powered mixes had lots of phosphates and that liquid foods were better. So I moved to liquids Phyto feast and Roti feast. I had a phosphate issue, which I have controlled, but read that liquid foods have lost of phosphates. So which is better? Powder or liquiq foods? Thanks

I have started using "Reef Chili" and really like it. It is powdered and you add it to a cup of tank water. I try to feed corals with a syringe instead of just broadcasting the food thru the entire tank. Phyto feast is liquid phosphate in my opinion.

It looks like Reef Chili is the most popular reef food. Why do you use it over other alternatives?

It is dry and you only add a tiny amount to a lot of water. It goes a long way, stores better and by sheer volume alone can't be adding as much organic waste.

Back
Top Bottom