orange gorgonian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently they do if you can feed them enough. I haunt had mine very long. But as far as I know they require direct feeding every day, to every second day

I wanted to let anyone now that even the smallest amount of algea on the branches and the polyps will not open. It wouldn't open up for a few days and It didn't even look like there was any algea on it. The was Avery light film, I wiped it off and it opened up again.

It is very difficult to keep them fed well enough to do well and not pollute your tank. Keep us updated.

What are you feeding? Mine loved cyclopeeze.

I almost bought a piece today! However, the guy at the store said they need indirect light, and the only place I have for it in my tank is close to the top...so i decided to not get it...they are really nice though

They don't usually need light. A few species need some lighting, but even they don't need a lot. Most species are nonphotosynthetic and can be under overhangs completely out of lighting.

I've been feeding. Zooplex and snow on a daily basis. And once a week I feed with a blended mix that I make that contains, heron, shrimp, salmon, broccoli, spinach. I dont specifically feed that to the gorgonian, but I'm sure it gets some of it.

Back
Top Bottom