Orange Shoulder Tang Growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afilter

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone Know how fast these grow? I know they can get 12"+ Admittedly I did not know this when I purchased it about six months ago. :oops:

So far he is about 7-8" and starting to get some nice color. I included current and before pic from my gallery.

Growth rate depends on several variables. Overall health of the fish, size of the tank and diet/feeding are important factors. An orange shoulder tang does grow pretty large and should be housed in a minimum of 135 gal. tank. It also needs plenty of open swimming space.

Lando,

Yeah I know ideally he needs a larger tank, unfortunately that is probably not in my near future. Just wondering how long before I need to face that reality.

So far I am guessing he has almost doubled in size. Health wise seems to be doing very well and eats great. I have the tank situated as to maximize swiming space.

My dream tank is a 120g which is probably still small for a full grown Orange shoulder, but a ways down the road. In the meantime I am looking to thin out my stock as they grow. The orange Shoulder will probably be one to go. I may have a line on a public display tank for him.

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom