Orbit or Coralife PC Lighting Fixture?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish Face

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Looking to upgrade the lighting on my umm uh..."daughters" 29 Gallon to add some corals and an anenome eventually. I am leaning towards a 30" Orbit 2x65W with lunar lighting. Dumb question but my assumption is if the tank is 30" long the 30" fixture is the right size correct? I like the idea of the "dusk til dawn" effect but hear good things about the coralife fixtures too. Any preferences? Oh yeah and this is my first post so I am a :n00b: but I have done A LOT of research and have the basics down. Looking forward to a rewarding experience here. :wave:

Just noticed I had the Tank specs in my signature profile but they didnt come through on the post.

Coralife also make a lunar light with 2x65w. I just purchased it in the 24in length. Awesome light and great quality. From my understanding the orbit(current USA) fixtures are not as well built and does not have the customer service that you should expect. I like the coralife even better because the lunar lights are blue LED and not white like on the orbit. Of course this is just my opinion.

I just bought the orbit about 2 months ( 2 X 65 with moonlight ) ago when I updated my lighting system in order to update my 11 year old daughter's system with my old system. A completely selfish act I assure you :roll:

Any hoo - I'm loving the orbit - tank looks great.

Hey Fish Face, Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com! :wave: :wave: :wave: (love your avantar)
Both lights would do just fine for you. Try to get one with dual lamps (one 10,000K and one actinic) instead of a single 50/50 bulb. I have heard that Coralife has A LOT better customer service/support and a very low defect rate. Maybe a better choice.

Thanks. Next question Glass top or egg crate? Right now I just have the regular hood that came with the tank and its kind of cheesy. I never saw a tank with egg crate. Does it look ok? Anybody have any pics of their tank with egg crate cover? TIA

Oh and "Lando, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.":roll:

Sorry had to do it 8)

coralife actually makes a 30" lunar aqualight. The coralife will be a lot better then the Coralife IMO. THey are both good lights its just that current USA has little factory support of there product.

"The coralife will be a lot better then the Coralife IMO"
:?
Did you mean The coralife will be a lot better then the current USA IMO?
If so, I strongly agree :D :D

don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter."
ROTFLMAO!!!! "grandma says it is time for you to leave now. You are ruining everyone's lives and eating all of her steak."

I just sold my orbit it was great but I decided to go MH go the MH today arrived broken its like a 1 in 1000 chances and guess what I'm the 1 I would go with the orbit I think that they are cheaper also they have good deals on eBay.

Back
Top Bottom