Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-12-2004, 01:25 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via ICQ to nyghtone Send a message via AIM to nyghtone Send a message via MSN to nyghtone Send a message via Yahoo to nyghtone
Ordered 40 lbs. :D :D :D

Hey all, I just placed my first live rock order from LRs.com. 40 lbs of gulf rock, I specifically asked for the hitchhikers to seed my tank. I realize that there are basically endless possibilities, and I don't want to dip or anything else that would risk killing the GOOD stuff..

My question is that I have only a powder blue tang, and 2 false clowns in my tank, oh yeah, and a FW molly, but don't really care about it. What are the chances of a bad shrimp or crab getting one of these guys???

I have my clowns paired, and the powder is simply expensive and hard to replace. I'm considering setting up a quarantine for the rock, but being a college student I don't really have the resources to keep a qt tank that big setup for long, it took me quite a while to afford the rock as it is.

Any thoughts? Joshua...

www.nyghtone.com
nyghtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 08:59 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Put it in your tank and watch closely, most of the crabs that tag along will be samll at first so as thay get larger you can figure out what kind they are and if they need evicting. The mantis is the only thing I concern myself with, but it's like shooting craps to see if you even get one.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 04:15 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via ICQ to nyghtone Send a message via AIM to nyghtone Send a message via MSN to nyghtone Send a message via Yahoo to nyghtone
Thanks for the advice, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Thanks, Joshua...

www.nyghtone.com
nyghtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 05:52 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ya and I don't even think that the mantis kills the fish that quickly... you could spot it leeching more than likely for a day atleast I would think.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com