Ordered 40 lbs. :D :D :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nyghtone

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all, I just placed my first live rock order from LRs.com. 40 lbs of gulf rock, I specifically asked for the hitchhikers to seed my tank. I realize that there are basically endless possibilities, and I don't want to dip or anything else that would risk killing the GOOD stuff..

My question is that I have only a powder blue tang, and 2 false clowns in my tank, oh yeah, and a FW molly, but don't really care about it. What are the chances of a bad shrimp or crab getting one of these guys???

I have my clowns paired, and the powder is simply expensive and hard to replace. I'm considering setting up a quarantine for the rock, but being a college student I don't really have the resources to keep a qt tank that big setup for long, it took me quite a while to afford the rock as it is.

Any thoughts? Joshua...

Put it in your tank and watch closely, most of the crabs that tag along will be samll at first so as thay get larger you can figure out what kind they are and if they need evicting. The mantis is the only thing I concern myself with, but it's like shooting craps to see if you even get one.

Ya and I don't even think that the mantis kills the fish that quickly... you could spot it leeching more than likely for a day atleast I would think.

Back
Top Bottom