Ordering Clams, should I see actual picture before I order?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
I would like to order a couple clams online and see that prices vary a good deal from place to place. Some of the cheapest prices I've seen are on exoticfish.com and was considering ordering there along with one of there 9 for 99 coral deals.

Is it okay to order without seeing the actual picture or should I pay more and order from somewhere that what you see is what you get?

I"m assuming the clams from exoticfish would be pretty decent because I've heard nothing but good things about their corals.

what type of clam will be a huge factor !! some are easy some are hard !! if ya looking for a maxxima id want to see it for sure !!

Is it okay to order without seeing the actual picture or should I pay more and order from somewhere that what you see is what you get?

Believe it or not, some clams are ugly or plain, I would want to see a pic of the actual clam. I wouldn't buy one without knowing what I was getting.

Order from Barry at www.clamsdirect.com
You get to see what is in stock and from the clam forum, everyone raves about his clams. He quarantines and feeds them. The shipping is on the high side, you need to purchase a box from the catalog ($10.00), and the shipping is anywhere from $50.00 to 60.00 overnight priority vs overnight standard. You can save a few bucks if you have a Fedex depot near you that you can request "hold for pickup". The shipping is the same for 1 to 4 small to med size clams, so if you were to purchase 3 or 4, then the overall prices are not bad.

I"ve heard good things about clamsdirect as well. It's just that exoticfish has clams less than 1/2 the price of other places, but you can't see the actual one your getting so I guess it would be a bit of a gamble.

Order from Barry at www.clamsdirect.com
You get to see what is in stock and from the clam forum, everyone raves about his clams. He quarantines and feeds them. The shipping is on the high side, you need to purchase a box from the catalog ($10.00), and the shipping is anywhere from $50.00 to 60.00 overnight priority vs overnight standard. You can save a few bucks if you have a Fedex depot near you that you can request "hold for pickup". The shipping is the same for 1 to 4 small to med size clams, so if you were to purchase 3 or 4, then the overall prices are not bad.
I would recommend Barry form clamsdirect as well. I plan on ordering a few clams from in in the Near future..

James

Back
Top Bottom