Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-18-2004, 11:04 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ordering corals online

Just wanting to know if anybody orders corals online?

My LFS has some decent stuff but they only seem to carry alot of the same stuff, and everything that is really nice looking is not for sale.. I'm looking to get some good SPS, let me know your experiences good and bad.

Thanks,
Rich

Old 05-18-2004, 11:20 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have ordered corals from liveaquaria.com with modest success. You can certainly find great prices on-line. If your order four or five at a time it off-sets the shipping cost so it is worth the money. The down side is that you do not get to personally pick out the corals you want and the transport time is harder on them. You also need to plan it around delivery. Generally you need to sign for the package and receive it. the corals I have received on-line do not compare to the corals I get at my LFS but they are so much cheaper. Order hardy corals on-line like polyps and mushrooms. Source out the more sensitive ones locally if possible. Also, make sure the company has a guarantee. Liveaquaria has always been great about refunding me when I was not sastisfied with what I got. Good luck...Lando

Old 05-18-2004, 11:33 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks lando, yeah not being able to hand pick them is a downfall. I;ve payed as much as $20 more for a coral at my LFS than an online store. But you know i've never asked them if they special order something i'm looking for.

Anybody else??

Thanks,
Rich
Old 05-18-2004, 11:47 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to brndfrb
try garf.org. they have an sps frag pack you can buy. I hear it rocks.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:52 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yeah i've seen that too, but they dont have any pics to see. I ordered some grunge from them and was satisfied.

Thanks,
Rich
Old 05-19-2004, 12:37 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to Brisc0
I recommend www.reefermadness.us You get what you see in the pictures, shipping is included in the cost, nobody else can come close to touching their packaging, and I have yet to find an online retailer than gets corals of thier quality.
Aside from them I like Etropicals for frags because they carry ORA. Liveaquria is a good place to buy stuff for learning, but IMO as you advance you'll be passing the corals you get from them off on others to make way for other things. Liveaquaria has great policies, however its like shopping at walmart, all you get is the most common things that are available to them in bulk. If your feeling bold I can say you have a 50/50 shot at coralsandbar.com, they have a great stock, however their packaging is less than desirable. I have heard really good things about DrmacCorals.com but have not used them. I know a lot more online retailers are out there, if you have a good exeperience with one, pass the info on, its always good to try new people.

-105G SPS Reef with 30G Sump/Fuge Combo
-30G LTAnemonarium with mated porcelain crabs, 10 sexy shrimp, and 2 pink skunks all tied into the other 135G in my system.
Brisc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:51 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Dang check out their specials!!

mrmarine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coral, corals

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com