Ordering from Reefs2go.com...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got my email that its shipped with tracking number

Good luck. I have used r2g several times. The pod deals are great, the rest can be hit or miss. Last year I had a ton of doa. I did other orders that I loved. In general, I've had better results from saltwater fish.com and reef cleaners for what I need but will order coral off of them if they get a unique specimen in I can't find elsewhere. Only place I could find a red planet acro.

The tank is a 55 Gal, As for the mandarin im gonna keep him in a side net for a while. Gonna try to train him to eat mysis shrimp as well as pods. The shipment is due to arrive this morning, as well as 200Gal Salt mix. I know its risky adding a few fish at a time, due to bio load. Im Preping to have 20 gals of premixed sw on hand and keeping a close eye on testing.

Well heres a quick Review of overall Shipping, Packing, and Livestock. Feel Free to ask any questions...

Honestly Invert bags where really small and dont have much water. The Bagging could of been a little better IMO. Shipping time from them sending to me receving was around 29 hours. UPS Didnt Show till after 4 PM (**** Them). The Bags were rather cooler Ball Park Id say mid high 60s, Being 30 Degrees and Raining kinda helped that one. No Blame for R2G on that part, But I did Request and Receive a 20 Hour Heat Pack. The Heat pack wasnt very warm, I figure it died out During Shipping. No It just wasnt actived enough IMO. As for Live Stock Ill Post the List and show from there.

Inverts:
6 Nerite Snail - Replaced with Margarita Snails(Might have ran out?)
8 Turbo Snail - Not Bad Size
6 Nassarius Snail - Not bad Size
4 Peppermint Shrimp - 2 Decent Size / 2 Tiny as Heck
18 Blue Leg Hermit Crab - Tiny Tiny
4 Mexican Red Leg Hermit Crab - Normal size
1 Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp - Half the size you would see in LFS If not Smaller
1 Feather Duster - Good Sized Nice crown Id say Round about 8-9 Inches long

Fish:
1Mandarin Goby Fish with 500 Pods - Good size (Didnt Really Check yet to see if he looks Starved at all).
1 Fire Fish Goby - Not bad, Mine Fin damage.
1 Ocellaris Clown Fish - Fresh from the womb. 1/3 the size of my other clown.
1 Six Line Wrasse Fish - Happy with the size, little worried at first but now swimming around happy as can be.
1 Yellow Coral Goby Fish - Not Very big but hes not as small as the clown.

Corals:
1 TriColor Orange Ricordea Florida Coral - Pick of the litter Id say, Seems to have two mouths and on the virge of Spitting?
1 Green Star Polyps Coral - like most reviews, Kinda just a Purple rubber. Ill Update on it as it come alive.

Over all Id Give em a 6 out of 10. The order has its up and downs, but No DOAs so that was nice.

Would I Order Again? - Maybe, Fish and Corals Probly Not. Im more a WYSIWYG Kinda guy. As for Invert Id say yes, cheaper to restock your clean up crew with R2G, then a LFS IMO.

Would I Recomend to a Friend? - Hmm With Caution.

Overall Im Happy.

Once again :thanks: and a :thanks: to Reefs2go.com

my order shipped yesterday morning, well I got the email at 7am but who knows when it actually shipped. Got it today around 230 and at first everything looked DOA...Most was but not all.

3 chromis and 1 yellow watchman goby were all DOA after 2.5 hour acclimation. I ordered 2 red mushrooms and got only 1 that wasnt even recognizable as anything and detriorated in the bag. the copepods were fine even in the 25 degree weather outside. The pistol shrimp I thought was doa as there were pieces of him all over the bag...but after acclimation he came around and looks like he molted in transit.

The package was well put together and included a 20 hour heat pack..but as these could be in transit for almost 30 hours it wasnt warm at all.

I already emailed them and are waiting for a response. This was my first time with them and will order again...I think with the colder weather and shipping in general its hard on the fish.

JesseMessykinn said:
Well heres a quick Review of overall Shipping, Packing, and Livestock. Feel Free to ask any questions...

Honestly Invert bags where really small and dont have much water. The Bagging could of been a little better IMO. Shipping time from them sending to me receving was around 29 hours. UPS Didnt Show till after 4 PM (**** Them). The Bags were rather cooler Ball Park Id say mid high 60s, Being 30 Degrees and Raining kinda helped that one. No Blame for R2G on that part, But I did Request and Receive a 20 Hour Heat Pack. The Heat pack wasnt very warm, I figure it died out During Shipping. No It just wasnt actived enough IMO. As for Live Stock Ill Post the List and show from there.

Inverts:
6 Nerite Snail - Replaced with Margarita Snails(Might have ran out?)
8 Turbo Snail - Not Bad Size
6 Nassarius Snail - Not bad Size
4 Peppermint Shrimp - 2 Decent Size / 2 Tiny as Heck
18 Blue Leg Hermit Crab - Tiny Tiny
4 Mexican Red Leg Hermit Crab - Normal size
1 Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp - Half the size you would see in LFS If not Smaller
1 Feather Duster - Good Sized Nice crown Id say Round about 8-9 Inches long

Fish:
1Mandarin Goby Fish with 500 Pods - Good size (Didnt Really Check yet to see if he looks Starved at all).
1 Fire Fish Goby - Not bad, Mine Fin damage.
1 Ocellaris Clown Fish - Fresh from the womb. 1/3 the size of my other clown.
1 Six Line Wrasse Fish - Happy with the size, little worried at first but now swimming around happy as can be.
1 Yellow Coral Goby Fish - Not Very big but hes not as small as the clown.

Corals:
1 TriColor Orange Ricordea Florida Coral - Pick of the litter Id say, Seems to have two mouths and on the virge of Spitting?
1 Green Star Polyps Coral - like most reviews, Kinda just a Purple rubber. Ill Update on it as it come alive.

Over all Id Give em a 6 out of 10. The order has its up and downs, but No DOAs so that was nice.

Would I Order Again? - Maybe, Fish and Corals Probly Not. Im more a WYSIWYG Kinda guy. As for Invert Id say yes, cheaper to restock your clean up crew with R2G, then a LFS IMO.

Would I Recomend to a Friend? - Hmm With Caution.

Overall Im Happy.

Once again :thanks: and a :thanks: to Reefs2go.com

I too just got my order in I ordered
on Wednesday got it Friday by 1030 am as stated.. I order over 200+ dollars worth .. there blue legs have always been small same with the nararius snails. It's what I have expected since ive ordered be for my orange sun coral was DOA. My first DOA from them and my red open brain didn't ship they offered a refund to my card but since that was 70 and the orange sun was 20 I figured I would spend another 40 and get free ship again... had the coral not been DOA it would have green really nice I counted 15 heads and was a great size ... its now on sale for 10 so I'm going to reorder 2 of them this time... I still enjoy their customer service and they still have nice quality so I'm not complaining.. only thing I wish they would have done would notify me the open brain wasn't going to ship ... I would have turned the 70 dollars into other things.. they said they would note that into my acct for future purchaces.. 9/10 for my satisfaction

Week After Update, Sadly to say the clown didnt make it. He got stuck to a powerhead :( Poor little guy. No Fault to R2G on that one, On another note. GSP Opened with a Bang, Lookin great. Everyone is healthy and happy, 6 Line loves to swim in and out of the rock work. Im Gonna say I may have been a little hard on em, overall theyre not a bad company to order from.

Back
Top Bottom