Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-07-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Question Ordering from Reefs2go.com...

Well Im looking to put a order in at Reefs2go.com, Come here tuesday morning. Anyone got any Imput on there Live stock? Let me hear your reviews on them.

Im Placing a order from Hermits, to shrip, corals and fish. Wondering on how other peoples orders came in? Theyll be traveling just over a 1000 miles, in to cooler water, This week should be 40 to 50s God willing. Tell me About your orders!

Ill keep updates over the next week

Old 01-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I know a lot of members that have had issues with them. I however have not I've been using them for months now with nothing bad to report.

If you do use them. When you call ask for Nikki.

Dino

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161 View Post
I know a lot of members that have had issues with them. I however have not I've been using them for months now with nothing bad to report.

If you do use them. When you call ask for Nikki.

Dino
Interesting...I have only heard positive raves about r2g. I am considering them for stocking my 54g cuc
LED lights
Spicemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicemonkey View Post

Interesting...I have only heard positive raves about r2g. I am considering them for stocking my 54g cuc
Yeah there is a thread on this forum, some unhappy customers.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 01-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161 View Post

Yeah there is a thread on this forum, some unhappy customers.
I spose there's always gonna be a few... can't please 100% of the populous 100% of the time eh
LED lights
Spicemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

I find their CUC to be very small compared to other online retailers. I was also upset that they shipped coral frags that were tiny and not attached to anything at all. I have had much better experiences with LiveAquaria and BlueZoo.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicemonkey View Post

I spose there's always gonna be a few... can't please 100% of the populous 100% of the time eh
Very Very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderson417 View Post
I find their CUC to be very small compared to other online retailers. I was also upset that they shipped coral frags that were tiny and not attached to anything at all. I have had much better experiences with LiveAquaria and BlueZoo.
I found that also with the CUC I too went to LA or my local guy fort CUC, reefsgo for my pods and little things. I did notice that with there corals also but when I was first starting out it didn't bother me that much as I was really new so I just clued them to plugs.

No it would bother me lol.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

I ordered a cleanup crew and their hermits and snails were mostly extremely tiny, my zooanthids were off their frag plug and mostly dead, and my sun coral had almost all of its flesh disintegrated. That said, my scallop and conch were very healthy, as was my duncan coral. Hit or miss, IMO.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'd use Reef Cleaners for your CUC. IMO, they are excellent quality.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseMessykinn
Well Im looking to put a order in at Reefs2go.com, Come here tuesday morning. Anyone got any Imput on there Live stock? Let me hear your reviews on them.

Im Placing a order from Hermits, to shrip, corals and fish. Wondering on how other peoples orders came in? Theyll be traveling just over a 1000 miles, in to cooler water, This week should be 40 to 50s God willing. Tell me About your orders!

Ill keep updates over the next week
I've made two different orders from them.. the first order I made I ordered, a few of their zoo frags and some clean up crew( a bunch of different snails , red and blue hermits and a red brittle star fish )... all came well packed and nothing was dead.. all is still there and thriving. Second order I made I purchased 3 different fish...a engineer goby, six line and a royal gamma all great sizes and healthy..still alive as well as a few mor cuc and a few acans .. once again nicely shipped and still have them all and the acans are growing nicely. I loved the fact their min shipping was 150.. I've ordered from both bluezoo and liveaquaria compared to both their customer service was above par and answered all my questions that I had.. I will be ordering again once they have some more fish in stock.

Edit: I also liked the fact that none of the corals came on frag plugs they were all attached to a piece of rock or shell.

Tags
reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com