Oscarr19's 100 Gallon System Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks bribo!

I thought I'd finally add pictures. For now, pay no attention to the rock work. I'm going to let the coral adjust and recover for a week or two before doing a full rescape. In the meantime, enjoy :)

FTS: As you can see, I opted for black sand this time around. Although I do like it a lot, I know that I'll appreciate the classic white aragonite in the 65. Oh, and excuse the low water level!

15847224479_6e7bd74a2f.jpg
[/url]

Latest addition

16032583942_79d395e1ba.jpg
[/url]

And of course, my little fuzzy poking out right around feeding time.

16032583172_f7d43be69d.jpg
[/url]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything is looking good! That is an awesome brain you picked up there. Also, I'm kinda liking the black sand.

Thanks Paul! I do really like the black sand as well but I prefer white.

The brain is awesome. It eats like a champ and spent the whole night pooping yesterday lol

I'm currently in the process of making a few frags and selecting which corals I want to stay and which I want to go. I really would like to get nicer and/or rarer sps, lps, and zoas. Before that though, I've got a few purchases to make. I desperately need a refractometer, good cal,alk,mg test kits, and a good enough powerhead for this tank and the eventual 65.

Quick update! I hope everyone had a great Christmas! I decided to treat myself and today I picked up my yellow tip torch, a female vermiculite leopard wrasse, and a target Mandarin. Both the wrasse and Mandarin were eating frozen and have quite the belly. I'll try my best to get some pictures up tomorrow. In the meantime, what did you guys get from Santa this year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leopard wrasse..."drool"...pics!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks guys! I'll try to get some pictures as soon as possible! The wrasse is a beauty ;)

And Mac, those end of year clearances are the best!

Finally caught the little beauty out and about this morning!

15961701388_7d06efab3b.jpg
[/url]

Here's the target and torch as well!

16147229211_ed79160ce5.jpg
[/url]

15963071029_4a5e42a8c9.jpg
[/url]

That wrasse is a true beauty! They can be extremely hard to get a photo of as well and you did a great job on that! Hope it does great for you, I am a little jealous! That mandarin is stunning as well and that torch looks really good. Very nice scores for sure! (y)

Thanks guys! So far so good with these two guys, I'm just hoping its for the long run! They both prefer brine over mysis but they're slowly getting there.

Thanks guys! So far so good with these two guys, I'm just hoping its for the long run! They both prefer brine over mysis but they're slowly getting there.

Thats great. Might I suggest a prawn roe for the both of them such as nutramar ova. My ruby red dragonets love it.

Thats great. Might I suggest a prawn roe for the both of them such as nutramar ova. My ruby red dragonets love it.

Hmmm thanks for that! I'm going to be ordering a new bigger powerhead for this tank soon. I'll keep my eyes out for that, I have been looking for some new food anyway.

Hmmm thanks for that! I'm going to be ordering a new bigger powerhead for this tank soon. I'll keep my eyes out for that, I have been looking for some new food anyway.

Sure thing! I know they used to go out of stock often with the nutramar which is what I use. ALL of my fish love it and a little goes a long way.

Well, unfortunately the leopard wrasse died. I'm not sure why, he was fat and eating and the only thing that concerned me was that he was barely out of the sand but I've read wrasses going up to two months before they finally adjust. Anyway, at least the Mandarin is doing great.

The good news is, I finally redid my rock scape and I'm actually pretty happy with it. I also picked up five new sps frags and I'll be posting pictures as soon as they open up.

Man that really sucks Oscar. Leopards are tough to get acclimated. Really sorry to hear about your loss :(

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah, i was kinda bummed out about it but I may try another in the future.

The new corals kind of make it better though ;) I picked up a digitata, enchinata, mille, and two other acros. I'm not sure on specific types though but I'm sure you guys can help with that!

Sorry about the leopard man. Extremely hard to acclimate indeed. But hey, great success on the mandarin! We need some pics of the new scale and pieces! :)

Sorry about the leopard man. Extremely hard to acclimate indeed. But hey, great success on the mandarin! We need some pics of the new scale and pieces! :)

As requested ;)

16191173829_7cf8ba0639.jpg
[/url]

16351413176_1f344bd8b0.jpg
[/url]

16190005360_87056a0013.jpg
[/url]

I'm thinking superman digitata?

16191164689_12e69117e5.jpg
[/url]

Enchinata and mille

16376490712_bbe23b8d2e.jpg
[/url]

Frogspawn

16190007720_1fbfa3b680.jpg
[/url]

Zoa Garden

16377387575_605d35cf99.jpg
[/url]

Sorry for crappy pictures, I couldn't even get a good shot of two other new acros. I guess I'm gonna have to whip out the camera for a good photo dump.

Back
Top Bottom