Out for the weekend!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RLG2182

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys! :D

I'm going to be out this weekend for my girlfriend's college graduation, and need some feeding advice. I'll be out Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday morning. I feed every morning around 6:30 am before work, so friday's feeding is covered. I have my lights on a timer, and should be finished with my auto top-off unit sometime this week (going to test it THOROUGHLY before I leave). I don't have an automatic feeder, and am not sure if I should get one now or not. Can my 2 O. Clowns & Firefish go a couple days in between feedings, or should I just get the auto-feeder and throw some sinking pellets in there? Thanks!! :D

Have you ever seen "Weekend Feeders" at your LFS? Not sure of the real name, but it's a rock with dried Algae tied to it. It's supposed to feed your fish for the weekend. Cheaper than an Automatic Feeder..might be a good idea.

I only feed my fish about twice a week. They'll be fine. Even a warm blooded animal can go a weekend without eating.

Don't worry about feeding. feed right before you leave and then when you get home. Have fun!

:D Sweet... thanks for the quick advice guys... I'll make sure to have a drink for everyone! (that's one drink for all of AA.. I think if I were to have one for each member... I might not make it back :lol: )

I would skip Friday morning's feeding and just feed right before you leave. I routinely feed every 2nd or 3rd day so I don't think you've got much to worry about. Enjoy... and HEY! I want my own drink! No sharing mine. That would work out to about 1/2 a sip a piece! LOL!

Couple of days without feeding will not hurt your fish. It will help your tank out by lowering the organics in your tank. I`m just one of those that believe you should feed every other day. But as I always say " opinions are like armpits. We all have two of them and they both stink" Have a good day

Wow... I had always been one of those people who fed every day. Each time I feed my clowns, they're right there gobbling up everything that I put in. 8O For some reason, feeding every other day just sounds like I'd be starving them. :lol: My nitrates are still at 0, and same for am/trite. If I were to go to every other day, should I up the amount of food given?

Right now I'm doing about 1/3 cube Marine Cuisine a day, with a sprinkle of sinking pellets for small fish. (I have formula 1, 2, but haven't opened it yet. Figured I'd wait till I was done with M.Cuisine).

I`ve been feeding mine every other day for about 8 years. I`d just feed same amount you feed every day but just do it every other day. It will lower organics in your tank. Most times it wont do anything for a while and just builds up till all of a sudden you have algea or cyno or some other problem. Nip it in the bud now Have a good day

Back
Top Bottom