overflow algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I was doing a water change today and with the lights off the tank the overflow in the back was visable. There is a ton of algae growing in there. I've attached a few pictures. Any chance this might be ok?

Not sure if you can tell in the pictures but all along the right side where the water flows in is covered in algae.

thanks,

You should be OK as long as it`s not all choked up in there. It`s just using up your nutrients, almost like a mini refugium and cant be seen in the main part of tank. But that`s up to you.

sweet.
you can't see in the picture but on the white tubing there's growth that like long strands.

Thanks for the response.

if your gonna have algae thats the place to have it. As long as you can't see it or it interfears with the flow in the OF area I would leave it.

done.

How's poughkeepsie?
I lived there for about 4 years from 90 to 94 while working for IBM.
Great place. Did alot of rock climbing at the gunks.

its cold right now... After 9/11 a building boom happened and it is like Westchester now. Housing prices are through the roof, starting around $200,000 for a small fixer upper, there building these giant homes that start at $600,000 and go up to $800,000. Traffic sucks big time, new strip malls going up all over.
Time to move up north or out west...

Back
Top Bottom